Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stock 2005 Celica GT VS. 2006 Stock Xrunner

Reaction score
who do u guys think will win im putting money in so yea im not sure,i know the celica has 180 ponies but its light

mbray

Reaction score
If its the GT its only got the 1.8 VVT-i (140HP) However if its the GT-S With the 1.8 VVTL-i (180HP) then Id say its close... Correct me if im wrong on the specs, i Know they disco'd the VVTL-i somewhere in the years

trdguykc

Reaction score
If its a regular GT then you wont have a problem. If its a GTS then it would perhaps be close but i think youd still win.

05Xrunner

Reaction score
if its a regular GT then you dont even have to try much...if its a GTS with a 6speed and if they dont stay in lift the whole time then it wont be very hard either. If they shift perfect everytime and stay in lift. it would be closer

WrecKaGeJPX

Reaction score
im pretty sure our trucks will eat celicas for breakfast,lunch,and dinner unless theyve thrown on some heavy mods. even much so we would probably still win

thelostrican

Reaction score
a good driver on a celica gts from 00-01 can surely hang with an x, and even beat it a least in the 1/4 mile...
of that i am sure...

trdguykc

Reaction score
it may hang with it but i think its more of a drivers race. The stock 1/4 mile time on average is a 15.2 and 0-60 is 6.6 for a 2000 gts celica

08XRunner808

Reaction score
you should kill it my friend has a gts with LFW(lightened fly wheel) and i still walk him pretty bad

thelostrican

Reaction score
check 1/4 miles times in here http://www.newcelica.org/ on the track times, there are even videos and slips...eh
....get past the turbo and nos, and superchargers....and there are a lot of guys in the 14's i am talking intake, exhaust, and sometimes headers(they were very expensive at the time).
i love my x twice as much as i used to love my celica...but celicas gts can move...if driven correctly. one other thing the first celicas first few years were faster than later years as the ecu was changed and the gts couldnt rev as high....
It should be a good race....

Last edited:

VooDooTrip

Reaction score
You'll kill him. stock vs. stock.. and if you don't you'll just face ridicule and humiliation for being a bad driver. :D

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Celica GT = 140hp - no problem beating it

Celica GT-S = 180hp - drivers race

AsianTaco

Reaction score
I don't understand why the XR's didn't come with lift :hmmmm2:. I would have been even happier with the truck lol.

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
I don't understand why the XR's didn't come with lift :hmmmm2:. I would have been even happier with the truck lol.

I have been waiting for Honda to make a 8 Cylinder with V-TEC or Toyota to make a 6+ Cylinder with Lift for production cars.

X-Caliber

Reaction score
celica GT's arent that fast, my girl has one. But it's an automatic, hers is a 2000. Shifting is terribly slow, and that small engine just cant keep up with the 4.0.

joman

Reaction score
check 1/4 miles times in here http://www.newcelica.org/ on the track times, there are even videos and slips...eh
....get past the turbo and nos, and superchargers....and there are a lot of guys in the 14's i am talking intake, exhaust, and sometimes headers(they were very expensive at the time).
i love my x twice as much as i used to love my celica...but celicas gts can move...if driven correctly. one other thing the first celicas first few years were faster than later years as the ecu was changed and the gts couldnt rev as high....
It should be a good race....
i think it all depends on teh driver...my gf has 01 gts...this little thing can haul arse...its an auto but she has teh tip tronic so you can shift like your driving stick...but like i said its all dependant on the driver..GOOD LUCK ..let us know the outcome!

thelostrican

Reaction score
gts autos are really slow of the line, because the celicas didnt have too much torque...
however in manual they are quick of the line....

i thx the lord that toyota didnt include lift on the tacoma engine...:adore:
the celica engine ,the gts engine with lift was a little weak in my opinion....

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
i always wanted to get me a gts to f uck around with...at a stoplight i was next to gts (from the badging i noticed while pulling to the traffic light)...i dont know everything he had...he could of only had an exhaust and a drop cause thats all i could notice...but while waiting he was revving me out...so light turns green...and this little puppy can bite...but not for long...i ended up dusting his happy ass once i shifted to 2nd...

Top Bottom