Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stock Height GB

NoelsMyKuya

Reaction score
if the stock height ss coils don't drop the front end then what's so great about them compared to the stock x-runner coils. i have a non xrunner 2wd and I was told the stock xrunner coils drop the front 1/4'' to 1/2''. will this do the same?

Murderface

Reaction score
if the stock height ss coils don't drop the front end then what's so great about them compared to the stock x-runner coils. i have a non xrunner 2wd and I was told the stock xrunner coils drop the front 1/4'' to 1/2''. will this do the same?

There's 2 reasons why people buy them:
1) to use with a DJM drop to stiffen the front end up since that kit uses the stock coils and the drop is from the A arms.
2) to use with the SOS drop kit since it to uses the stock coils and the drop is achieved by a relocated perch for the coil.

There's ur reasons

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
And the third reason is for folks like me - to stiffen up the handling at factory height(my driveways so steeP, if I lower it, it will drag.

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
The only way to fix it would be a new house, and another couuple hundred
Thousand sounds a bit steep for a drop kit. LOl

NoelsMyKuya

Reaction score
So besides the stiffness, the xrunner stock coils would drop my ride a lil more compared to these with djm?

ryanjboutin

Reaction score
So besides the stiffness, the xrunner stock coils would drop my ride a lil more compared to these with djm?

Maybe 1/4".

They're stock height, which means...wait for it...they're stock height for the XR.

Factory coils will lower you 1/2" at most. Since these are stiffer, you probably won't see any noticeable difference.

They're for handling, and nothing else.

NoelsMyKuya

Reaction score
Maybe 1/4".

They're stock height, which means...wait for it...they're stock height for the XR.

Factory coils will lower you 1/2" at most. Since these are stiffer, you probably won't see any noticeable difference.

They're for handling, and nothing else.

thanks for clearing that up for me ryan! sooo if this group buy goes through anyone in socal wanna sell me their stock coils?

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Old thread bump. How many miles till the new springs settle and its ok to get a wheel alignment?

BondXII

Reaction score
I usually tell people to make sure that they get an alignment package instead of just a one time thing. Most places will do a certain time frame for unlimited alignments. Then you should do it as soon as you can, then about 300 miles, then 1000 miles. You should be good to go by that point.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
I'm at 300 right no now but I doubt the place will give me a deal cuz it's a race shop and its the only place I can get on the wheel alignment lift.

andy2009

Reaction score
I put this coils in my xr , and it lifted the front about 1/2" i have 3/4 djm drop kit on is it normal to lift the front????? Thx

Did height coils lift your truck about 1/2" ???

Last edited:

BondXII

Reaction score
There are a couple reasons for this. One being that you are changing from older "seasoned" springs to these, which could cause it to sit slightly higher. These springs have a higher compression rating than stock do it takes more weight just to get them to start to compress. Also, if you just installed them they need to "settle" just like the drop coils do. After you check torque and alignment. I usually tell people at 100, 300, and 1000 miles. By then you should be back to the height you were before the install. If it is still higher than you had before, I'm sure that it will be such a small difference that it won't be noticed without a tape measure.

On a side note, once you have had a chance to really break them in and give your opinion about how they ride with pros and cons please do. Thanks.

andy2009

Reaction score
all right thanks for info!!!
i can tell right now that this coils made my ride better then before.

BondXII

Reaction score
Glad to hear that your ride is better. Keep us posted. Once they get a good break in go to our site and post a testimonial. Good or bad.

CBRBob

Reaction score
Probably just not hitting the bump stops like they were before....

PiNkY

Reaction score
Hehe man im horrible havent installed mine yet.....I work to much - did get them powder coated though

Top Bottom