Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stock Radio stop working!!

Reaction score
my 6 disc changer stop working outta no where no its sounds like a broken cassette in a casset player and it wont eject the CDs or anything it just says Error 1 something like that....idk if any of u guys can give me any tips of why its doing that..thank you!:biggrin:

Xtacy

Reaction score
samething happened to my 05 bro, it would say "error"..it wouldnt eject or lemme insert cd's. This has happened to quite a few peeps on here...its pretty common. I even took mine out to figure out whats wrong with it and the problem proceeded. Your best bet is to buy an after market deck or do what I did and buy a stock set from someone for cheap who just purchased an after market deck.

eltus

Reaction score
most likely there is something jammed and preventing the mechanism to eject or let you insert CD's. some times a cd will get loose from its plate and cause this, other times the tracks or belt the mechanism operates on gets damage or slip. in any case, repairs won't be permanent and the most cost effective thing will be to get an aftermarket Head Unit.

Wayne R

Reaction score
If your vehicle is still under warranty....go to the dealership and get a new one put in.

Even if you're planning to install an aftermarket unit, get a stock replacement unit anyway and put in a box in the closet. Put the stock unit back in if and when you sell or trade your truck.

suprabeetle

Reaction score
mine did that i removed the radio and injamed the disks then it worked fine.

4VsX

Reaction score
Ya, mine shorted to power. Stayed on even with the truck shut off. I had to pull the fuse, everytime.
Till I got it sorted out. :wink:

Kaotic_X

Reaction score
mine did that to i found the best way tto fix it was get...........ANOTHER Radio

Top Bottom