Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stock Rims Plasti Dip

Jwheatley

Reaction score
Though i'd share my rim project for everyone to see, new rims coming next year! Would love to see everyone stock rims done up, post if you have pics!

easts1d3

Reaction score
Looks good man! I've always liked the white rims on swb!
I powder coated my stockers satin black

Attachments

• image-1572087368.jpg
    image-1572087368.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 154

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
looks sooo awesome man! i bet those will really show if you scuff them up though

AbunaiXR

Reaction score
you should show a picture of the whole side of the truck.

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Looks good man that plasti dip stuff is the shit:top:..I did my rims about a month ago then last week figured I'd try it on my front lower bodykit piece since I got some rock chips from driving on the freeway everyday for work and it looks badass.

Attachments

• may 2013 (2).jpg
    may 2013 (2).jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
What's going to happen when the balance weights have to be removed or the lugs get wrenched on ? I've always thought white looked good on SWB

Jwheatley

Reaction score
Thats the beauty or plastidip, rip it off when weights and nuts get wrenched on and then spray it again. Next year im getting new rims so these will be sold or used as winter rims

carlduke

Reaction score
Looks good. I'm planning to plastidip mine with black. What are the important prep I need to do for the pd to stick really hard on my stock rims?

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Just have to clean the rim good first no sanding or nothing..I've had mine done for a couple months now and no peeling or anything

killer2239

Reaction score
Looks good! A few friends have done plasti-dip on their stock wheels and its turned out good. I have thought about going with one of their new colors like Red on my stock wheels. Figure worst case I waste a few hours and $30 and just peel it off if it looks terrible.

triumphx

Reaction score
I plasti-dipped my works white and in about 24 hours they were brown from road grime and brake dust. The texture of plasti-dip and stickiness of it makes anything and everything cling to the wheels. Now i know if i ever use plasti-dip for wheels again i will go with a dark color

Judas

Reaction score
if one were to PD there wheels and maybe bumpers. would they have to avoid all auto car washes and be extremely careful when washing? and never use a pressure washer that has any kind of power?

triumphx

Reaction score
^Mine held up to the car washes that you wash it yourself although i held the wand about 4-5ft away

hrspwr236

Reaction score
The thicker you put it on the more durable and longer it will last, half my truck has been plasti dipped!

carlos787

Reaction score
i plastidip mine black, make sure you clean them very well. and if you can take the wights off the outer wheel. mine is coming off starting where the weights are. im actually going to powered coat them here soon.

Roseknight

Reaction score
I did my grill emblem when I got the truck in March of'12
And I use the drive thru car washes with no real issues..

Top Bottom