Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stock spring help

speckdzl4shzl

"Gym Junkie"
Reaction score
this is a noobish question but meh. i'm putting my stock front end back together and it's been like 3 years since the stock springs have been on there. i've been through 4 sets? of SS coils. i can't remember which color marker goes on what side. i have a red mark on one spring and a yellow on the other. help a brotha out.

searched and it sucks :motz:

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Just pulled mine out of the closet and I wrote in marker which was which so your in luck lol red is drivers and yellow is passenger side.

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
OK, never done any suspension work on any of my 4-wheeled vehicles so if this is a stupid-noob question I apologize in advance.

Why are the springs different? :dontknow:

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
OK, never done any suspension work on any of my 4-wheeled vehicles so if this is a stupid-noob question I apologize in advance.

Why are the springs different? :dontknow:

They different because some vehicles (ours is one) have different spring rates on each side. One side is stiffer then then other to compensate for things like battery, gas tank, driver etc. In short one side of the vehicle is heavier then the other so to prevent a lopsided look (taco lean for us) they put a stiffer sprin on the heavy side to help.

MY MAN!

appreciate it my Canadian brotherin

:canada:

No prob man! Glad to help

Last edited:

speckdzl4shzl

"Gym Junkie"
Reaction score
parting the truck out man. already raised the rear back up, took off my SS sways, K brace. i have the left front torn apart right now. takin a dinner break then i'll probably finish up...maybe lol

speckdzl4shzl

"Gym Junkie"
Reaction score
nooo why?............

i've gotta move on man. i need more of a commuter. i'd like 30+mpg and more room as well. going to get into a first gen scion xB. can't wait to have bucket seats, 4 doors and 4.1 speaker channels!!! i really miss my thump. i would also like to get an automatic for commuting. would be nice to just sit back and chill.

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
speckdzl4shzl said:
i've gotta move on man. i need more of a commuter. i'd like 30+mpg and more room as well. going to get into a first gen scion xB. can't wait to have bucket seats, 4 doors and 4.1 speaker channels!!! i really miss my thump. i would also like to get an automatic for commuting. would be nice to just sit back and chill.

Those scion xB are pretty nice and actually roomy!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120222_191842.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120222_191842.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 521
Top Bottom