Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stock Stereo ERROR 3???

Reaction score
so i was at the track last night and all of a sudden my cd player stopped reading and it showed ERROR 3 it sounds like disc 4 is stuck and ive tried ejecting, switching discs, the load button ive tried everything i can think of. anyone have any ideas

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
:hmmmm2:...that sucks bro...there's no way I can drive without music. best bet would be taking it to the dealership. good luck on getting your cd player fixed in a timely manner...:top:

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
That's a internal malfunction in the stereo itself, take it to the dealer and they should replace it under warranty on an 08, the coverage is 3 years and 36K miles.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
so i was at the track last night and all of a sudden my cd player stopped reading and it showed ERROR 3 it sounds like disc 4 is stuck and ive tried ejecting, switching discs, the load button ive tried everything i can think of. anyone have any ideas

should be under warranty.....but it sounds like its time for a new deck.

Reaction score
yea i know its under warranty i just didn't want to deal with the dealership if someone knew of an easy fix for it. i guess i'll have to take it to the dealer

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
my 05 had the same prob when truck was about a yr old, couldnt eject any of the cds or anything just listen to radio! the dealership will have to order you a new one and then ship yours off, it will take about a month to get ur cds back they will mail them back to you! dont try and take them out yourself if you mess with it at all they wont mess with it! even if you plan on getting aftermarket deck might aswell have a stock one that is new aswell! my first one even started changing radio stations on its own a couple times!

DRE75

Reaction score
I had an error in my deck about 5 months into getting mine, it just shut down and gave me the error note, took it in and the dealer took care of it in about 2 hours.

05BSPXR

Reaction score
I just had that happen to my 05.... was doin the exact same thing.... I messed with it for about a week.... then the other day.... it started working again.... wierd.

--Ryan

Xtacy

Reaction score
i just put up a post about it last week, mine is a 05...the dealer wont replace it tho since its an older truck with high mileage. The disc got stuck and would not let me eject or put in any cd...it would say error, then switch to the radio...I took it apart and found like 10 mini screws and a bunch of other shlt you would have to take off. I had to end up breaking all the cds that were in it to get it out.....finally, put it together and installed it, but instead now it takes in a disc..then spits it right out continuously. Im currently looking for another deck

Thats my story, sounds almost just like yours:dontknow:

Top Bottom