Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stock Truck Question

Gabecules

Reaction score
I bought my X about two months or less ago. I walked into the dealer shopping for an affordable 4X4 for my mother to get from point A to point B and could still handle a washed out road in the highlands of Cape Breaton if it had to. I picked out her truck and looked over and there was my BSP X sitting there begging me to take it for a test drive. They had a BR X runner test truck that they let me take for a spin and I was really impressed with it.

In first just pulling away a little to rough squealed the wheels and when you hit the rev limit you were being pushed back in the seat. I came back signed the papers told the guy I wanted it in black and would be back later to pick it up.

This is my question. My BSP truck seems to have not even half the power that my test drive truck had. If I drop the clutch and hammer down it can barley do a chirp. If I do a rolling start and floor it I can't do a break away. That same pushed back in your seat feeling is not there to the extent it was in the other truck as well. I asked the dealer if their truck has been chipped or modded in anyway and they were able to prove to me it was stock. I asked the dealer how to disable the traction control and LSD so that the wheels could break free and I have the same results.

Why would one truck seem to perform so much better then the other? Also the dealer told me it was because I was just getting used to my truck and it just seemed not as peppy. I was almost willing to belive this when I read a thread on here where one of the members had a bunch of mods IE cold air , headers etc and dyno'd at 197hp. I am wondering if its more then just a jerk that dyno'd his truck and that if maybe there is something going on with both our trucks? Is their anyway of testing it? Anyway of knowing whats going on? Or anyway of being able to compare ours vs other stock trucks before I start sinking money into mods. I love the truck and its still faster then others on the road but I guess I am just worrying :p

Any advice on how this could be right or wrong would be greatly appreciated thanks for you help!

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Were you turning when you floored it in the Barcelona Red? If so the tires have a much easier time breaking loose that way.

Gabecules

Reaction score
No turns, just open highway coming off an off ramp.

CJX-RUNNER

Reaction score
ask the dealer if they can pay to have it dynoed or at least reimburse you if they do not live up to the trucks advertising claim of 236rwhp...

also i know mine kinda felt slow to me for a while, but it just needs to be broken in... and then start modding and putting better fuel, oils, and lubes in her.

and most importantly, drive the hell out of it:top:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Why would one truck seem to perform so much better then the other? Also the dealer told me it was because I was just getting used to my truck and it just seemed not as peppy. I was almost willing to belive this when I read a thread on here where one of the members had a bunch of mods IE cold air , headers etc and dyno'd at 197hp.
Maybe because the you were expecting the 'jerk/pull' of the truck when you floored it. Since you already drove it hard before, your knew what it was going to feel like. After I was boosted for about 3 months, my truck felt like it was slower...it didn't seem as fast as when I first put it on. In all reality, it was still just as fast, but I got used to the pull and power or the S/C. At which point I then contacted Gadget to get a smaller pulley:laugh:

And don't worry too much about dyno #'s....nobody puts up the same #'s, their are SOOO many variables that can influence those #'s.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
was the BR truck older? the newer trucks have the stupid VSC that uses the brakes to control wheel spin. My 05 have no traction control of any kind

Gabecules

Reaction score
It only has 3000km on it now. Every thousand or so it starts to feel better so I am going to wait until 8k and gauge it then. I am doing oil changes at 2500 stock filter and oil then one more at 5k stock oil and filter then one more at 7500 with Full synthetic and every 5k after that roughly. That should make sure she stays running clean.

STONER-X

Reaction score
did you drive the same truck you bought????? my rule is you drive what you buy...take it back and drive the test truck with some one then drive with them in yours

kwigs

Reaction score
no wonder man you gotta break it in you can't just dump on it and expect it to be lke a broken in engine my gf just got an 09 impreza and same thing with hers just take it easy on it til its boken in good or things could break or wear out prematurly

xrunnin

Reaction score
I would recommend not going with the full synthetic so soon, doing this you will have premature oil leaks because the characteristics of the oil act differently. Also if the truck is equipped with VSC, which its should be, being an 09' it will effect your burnout and hole-shot capabilities. There should be a button on the left of the dash to disable it.

CJX-RUNNER

Reaction score
It only has 3000km on it now. Every thousand or so it starts to feel better so I am going to wait until 8k and gauge it then. I am doing oil changes at 2500 stock filter and oil then one more at 5k stock oil and filter then one more at 7500 with Full synthetic and every 5k after that roughly. That should make sure she stays running clean.

Can you get amsoil in Canada? If so, I would highly recommend going with that. Better efficiency + power + less oil changes FTW~!

STONER-X

Reaction score
maybe the br had a s/c in it. :dontknow:

ya im thinking that the test truck maybe had an intake or a few mods......

a break in period wont make a huge noticeable difference.... i think you should go check out that tester truck..... you could have gotten shafted....

Gabecules

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, I strongly thought that the test truck was modded as well because when it pulled up it roared and mine is not as loud. Not only that I went back to see the test truck and it " wasnt available at the moment " as well as a promise that nothing extra was done to that truck haha. O well I am loving my X and breaking her in nice and slow. Only time will give me my true answer. When I S/C it if I have flash backs of the tester truck I will know what went down. :D

Top Bottom