Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stock XR rims...JDM TITE PINK, Yo!

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Yup, i finally did it. Pink drift spares, so i can finally be as cool as all the other drifters. :laugh: Had this done for a while, but forgot to make a thread, cause these pics are from the day my motor went. :rolleyez:

281704_255253171171083_100000592070101_952683_4978763_n.jpg

Over-spray...yes i know...:rolleyez:

281720_256084614421272_100000592070101_955668_4009313_n.jpg

Flat black blends in too much....

228917_236595666381207_189153217792119_746226_3432691_n.jpg

Now, this stands out. :top:
320653_2126241270094_1067760140_32084896_6527378_n.jpg

316069_2126239390047_1067760140_32084882_3047433_n.jpg

Because Drift Truck. :biggrin:

I actually drove around with these on my truck for like a week...i couldn't find my other lug-nuts. I got some strange looks from people. :rockon:So yah, figured i'd share this, just for the helluva it.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Take it anywhere and say you support beast cancer research. :top:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Take it anywhere and say you support beast cancer research. :top:

Yup. I tired using that as a pick up line, when chicks ask about it... and with my ziptie stitching...Hasn't worked so far, but i ain't giving up hope yet. :laugh:

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
The video is sic brotha.

One question, I have seen different individuals that have ate a motor by doing donuts and what not. So how do you keep from falling into that category?

Ps. The pink rims are definitely different (must be a west coast thing :top:)

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
Have you ever gone to Adams track Thursday nights? In riverside , I go out every once in awhile not to drift but to spectate its pretty awesome

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
The video is sic brotha.

One question, I have seen different individuals that have ate a motor by doing donuts and what not. So how do you keep from falling into that category?

Ps. The pink rims are definitely different (must be a west coast thing :top:)

Keep oil level right above full mark. Stay off the rev limiter. And according to Grumpy, dumb luck...lolz... Im going to get a Coupe baffled Pan, as soon as he starts making them...Unless he willing to let me do some trials with them ;)...3rd gear at 65mph, im getting some insane G's sideways, and i can only imagine what my oil is doing in our joke of a pan. :ahhhhh:

My other motor went, due to a part failure on Toyota's side. Look for my thread, "my motors demise" :thumbdown:

My Pink rims, and brightly colored rims in general, are common in the drifter world especially on track spares. :top:

Have you ever gone to Adams track Thursday nights? In riverside , I go out every once in awhile not to drift but to spectate its pretty awesome

One day i want too. track is ungodly narrow, and would be a sweet challenge for me. Im thinking, once i get my Coupe ban and TRD blower, i'll head out there. Kind of a drive to get there, and its middle of the week. Though, i usually have fridays off from Work/school. :top: We'll see...

Last edited:

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
sdxrunner619 said:
Keep oil level right above full mark. Stay off the rev limiter. And according to Grumpy, dumb luck...lolz... Im going to get a Coupe baffled Pan, as soon as he starts making them...Unless he willing to let me do some trials with them ;)...3rd gear at 65mph, im getting some insane G's sideways, and i can only imagine what my oil is doing in our joke of a pan. :ahhhhh:

My other motor went, due to a part failure on Toyota's side. Look for my thread, "my motors demise" :thumbdown:

My Pink rims, and brightly colored rims in general, are common in the drifter world especially on track spares. :top:

One day i want too. track is ungodly narrow, and would be a sweet challenge for me. Im thinking, once i get my Coupe ban and TRD blower, i'll head out there. Kind of a drive to get there, and its middle of the week. Though, i usually have fridays off from Work/school. :top: We'll see...

Yea there's a ton of cars that go there ... Yes its a bit challenging but the track is a nice set up. If you go lemme know ill head out and support !

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
At the Gymkhana, no. My Motor ate the screw, before our videographer arrived...:rolleyez:

From Irwindale, i have one. I heard there is more...IDK. Must watch in HD and Full-screen. No telescopic lenses FTL...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c24VXewDP6I

nice transfer on the end of that video...:top:

I just picked up a new lens 70-200 F/2.8L IS II...would love to get some XR drifting footage...i could always rent a lens or 2 if the distance is further...

maybe I could do an article on you and the XR for OMGDRIFT.com blog...I'll be out in Cali. October 7-9 to do media coverage at Formula Drift: Finals at Irwandale Speedway...maybe we could meet up there...let me know if you would be interested in doing something like this...

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
nice transfer on the end of that video...:top:

I just picked up a new lens 70-200 F/2.8L IS II...would love to get some XR drifting footage...i could always rent a lens or 2 if the distance is further...

maybe I could do an article on you and the XR for OMGDRIFT.com blog...I'll be out in Cali. October 7-9 to do media coverage at Formula Drift: Finals at Irwandale Speedway...maybe we could meet up there...let me know if you would be interested in doing something like this...

Thank you sir. :top:

I would love to get Some footage of my truck. Next few months, cash is going to be tite due to reaquistion of forced induction...idk if I can get any time off to head up to irwindale. I was realistically looking into getting back into drifting seriously, in 2012. Hopefully coupe will have his pans out by then. I really don't wanna blow another motor.:ahhhhh:

At formula d, your talking about just getting some still shots of my truck, right?

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
I would love to get Some footage of my truck. Next few months, cash is going to be tite due to reaquistion of forced induction...idk if I can get any time off to head up to irwindale. I was realistically looking into getting back into drifting seriously, in 2012. Hopefully coupe will have his pans out by then. I really don't wanna blow another motor.:ahhhhh:

that sucks you blew the motor...but I'm sure you'll come back stronger in 2012...:top:

don't forget the tranny cooler...i saw a tranny at FD: After Dark in Vegas last month that look like the gears melted together...not literally melted together but you could tell the tranny was way to hot and the gears just ceased up on each other...

At formula d, your talking about just getting some still shots of my truck, right?

yep...unless you know some back roads we could do some undercover drift footage...:smile: I just want to get a few shots of any XR going sideways...

Top Bottom