Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

STS 4.0 dyno #'s!!!

VaBchXRunner

"The Bargain Baron"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Paradise Racing
Hey guys here is the dyno sheet.

scan-2005Tacoma%20HP.jpg

Gadget

Reaction score
That chart was being handed out at SEMA.

It is a retrograde extrapolation to estimate crankshaft HP and is not displaying RWHP. When I pinned the guy down about it he admitted that RWHP was around 310.

Gadget

Knight Runner

Reaction score
What other mods on it? It's hard to beleive those #w with an sts set up, not that I am calling you a liar but I've heard not to good things on sts turbos on top of it.

There's a guy here that is going to get one and he told me if I wanted to join in for a cheaper price to get and install 2 setup but Iam not to sure on sts.

So you have a video of a run?

VaBchXRunner

"The Bargain Baron"
Reaction score
on ct he said it was at the wheels:dontknow::dontknow: It does look to be high though.

Not mine, just a post.

Knight Runner

Reaction score
That chart was being handed out at SEMA.

It is a retrograde extrapolation to estimate crankshaft HP and is not displaying RWHP. When I pinned the guy down about it he admitted that RWHP was around 310.

Gadget

It makes sense now!

MancheX

Reaction score
With numbers like that, how can you deny it? I'd would much rather get that turbo over the supercharger...but any F/I is better than none.

Gadget

Reaction score
What other mods on it? It's hard to beleive those #w with an sts set up, not that I am calling you a liar but I've heard not to good things on sts turbos on top of it.

There's a guy here that is going to get one and he told me if I wanted to join in for a cheaper price to get and install 2 setup but Iam not to sure on sts.

So you have a video of a run?

It had stock injectors, FMU, and an upgraded fuel pump. It was tuned with a unichip.

All unichip dyno charts on a Dastek dynos are taken at the rear wheels and are guestaments of crank HP.

Gadget

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Boost is boost, no way a turbo is making 70 + more HP then a supercharger at the same PSI.

Knight Runner

Reaction score
At 310 rwhp o yes, don't get me wrong, better than nothing but Iam just not to sure how reliable or the boost is comparable to TRD or URD:dontknow:

RossK35

Reaction score
A friend of mine has this setup on his 3.4 tacoma with upgraded turbo, injectors, meth, etc and he only got 240 at the wheels with 12psi. When the boost kicks in yea its fun but, I still am not crazy about this setup.

project-c2

Reaction score
+1 for Death Shadow. Boost is boost, but all in the tuning. URD FTW.

trd_sport

Reaction score
Wow....It almost seems too good to be true:hmmmm2: :dontknow:

trd_sport

Reaction score
Here's a thought that noone has mentioned about sts. They claim that having the extra piping cools the charge air to the point no intercooler is needed. Ok, it may cool it to a point, but never below ambient temp IMO. Second, this would also mean the exhaust gas gets cooled down to a point, and heat helps drive the turbo....hence the setups most commonly seen. I'm not saying this system won't work...it will, but it is lacking those 2 things in it's design, which IMO are what helps make the power.

heloboby7

Reaction score
Boost is boost? There's more to making horsepower in the forced induction world than pressure levels... It's all about CFM.

IMO, FMU, stock injectors, and an inline pump for fueling sounds like a bad idea to me.

Matt's06

Reaction score
Why would you have a dyno that only reads to 5000 rpm? What gasoline engine today redlines at below 5k?

MancheX

Reaction score
So are the majority of all of you bias? I'm sensing some serious hate against this turbo. OR is it just the company?

heloboby7

Reaction score
I believe the correct answer would be the company. However, many people do have good luck with these systems. I just wouldn't put one anywhere near my vehicle.

Top Bottom