Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stupid dealer.......

stefan

Reaction score
Well im one of the lucky ones with a broken tranny that grinds 2nd and 5th at high rpms.When i tried to explain it to the dealer they laughed and said its normal these trucks arent race cars and you shouldnt go high in the rpms.What can i say to the dealer to get them to do the t.s.b.

vinnieb0i

Reaction score
i would say since ur truck is kinda new still, mess up ur tranny and get them to replace it.

rexrunner

Reaction score
put a brick on the throttle and in nuetral and go inside until you hear your truck stop running:biggrin: then have them replace both :top:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
try a differnt dealer and tell them it grinds into second alot, even when im not high revving it. Explain it doesn't do it all the time but it gets worst by the day. Don't take no for an answer :top:

stefan

Reaction score
try a differnt dealer and tell them it grinds into second alot, even when im not high revving it. Explain it doesn't do it all the time but it gets worst by the day. Don't take no for an answer :top:
thats what i did with this dealer but the mechanic test drives it and says theres nothing wrong with it.

hiflyer

Reaction score
i would think that 5500 rpm ISN'T high
idiots
make a tranny that matches up wit the engine already

RunnerofX

Reaction score
thats the problem i had three weeks after i got it and i went to the service department and told them to look at it right away and they told me later that day it was a manufacture defect in some of the tranny's and it is covered under the warranty. they had it replaced for the in 3 hours.

stefan

Reaction score
do i have to go to the dealer where i purchased or can any dealer fix it.

Spyder327

Reaction score
do i have to go to the dealer where i purchased or can any dealer fix it.

Any dealer can fix it, try different dealers until one of them does. Someone telling you that its normal and you shouldnt drive the truck at higher RPM's is a load of crap...

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree - they can't tell you how to drive the truck. As long as it's under redline, what's the problem? Also, ride with the mechanic (if you didn't) and make sure he's driving it like you do. It's not a race car, but it is a performance street truck and it should drive like one. If they won't fix it, take it to the next closest dealer and explain that the dealer you bought it from refuses to acknowledge or fix the problem.

DON'T try to mess it up more. That's bad advice and will only lead you down a bad road. Be truthful - it will get you the furthest.

Good luck bro.

ateam20x

Reaction score
that sucks bro, but remind the dealer that all new cars come with bumper to bumper warranty, and that the tranny is in fact between the bumpers...haha......good luck..hope they fix it

RunnerofX

Reaction score
that sucks bro, but remind the dealer that all new cars come with bumper to bumper warranty, and that the tranny is in fact between the bumpers...haha......good luck..hope they fix it

funny that you should say that because when i bought my X the finance guy told me that on the X-runners the bumpers are actually NOT covered! i laughed at the guy when he told me that... :laugh:

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
Any dealer can fix it, try different dealers until one of them does. Someone telling you that its normal and you shouldnt drive the truck at higher RPM's is a load of crap...
Yeah, tottaly bogus, you can drive it however the heck you want. And like the others said, just don't take no for an answer.

Top Bottom