Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stupid question

CaliCorks

Reaction score
Is a Y-pipe to get a dual exhaust? I'm confused. I get its a fatter pipe for the exhaust, but not sure what it is....

XDsm

Reaction score
A Y-pipe joins the two pipes coming off the headers/exhaust manifolds and joins them into one pipe. True dual would be when the pipe coming off the header/exhaust manifold runs completely independent of the other side.

This is a Y-pipe
bassani_y_pipe_with_cats.jpg

Spyder327

Reaction score
Is a Y-pipe to get a dual exhaust? I'm confused. I get its a fatter pipe for the exhaust, but not sure what it is....

A Y-pipe joins the two pipes coming off the headers/exhaust manifolds and joins them into one pipe. True dual would be when the pipe coming off the header/exhaust manifold runs completely independent of the other side.

This is a Y-pipe

Pretty much what he said, dual exhaust would be with pipes being separate all the way to the end. Our vehicles have a y-pipe like that photo shows, and URD sells a performance one that removes the rear two cats.

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
What they said and to add, no question is a stupid question here at XRU :top: .

i_ski

Reaction score
What they said and to add, no question is a stupid question here at XRU :top: .

Sure there are... For example if one were to ask why they call it a Y-pipe... That might be a stupid question ;)

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
:biggrin: :hahaha:

Sure there are... For example if one were to ask why they call it a Y-pipe... That might be a stupid question ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ... As stupid a question as that is, I think the point is that we (whoever's responding) wouldn't treat it as such. Whoever asked would just feel like a complete idiot after getting the answer.

mspeasl

Reaction score
Does anyone aftermarket a "True Dual" setup for the X-runer??

wshsbears

Reaction score
the only true dual exhausts on x-runner's so far have been custom done at a shop. any local exhaust shop can fab one up for u for under 500. im thinkin about taking out my y-pipe and catback and hookin up some pipes under there with a few mufflers and dumpin one underneath for a deep sound and then having one where the stock outlet goes.

lucke

Reaction score
Hell if you were my daddy then I'd be askin for back child support. Then I could fix up my truck lol
it wouldn't go to you anyways... it would go to my baby momma:eviltongue:

wshsbears

Reaction score
Dose it pass the smog test? Also, dose it void my warinty?

shouldn't have a problem with smog b/c u still have ur front cats, but ur y-pipe warranty is void b/c u took it out.. if u put it back in, they'll never know and the warranty will be back..

Top Bottom