Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SubX Box

Iggy08

Reaction score
I like the prices on the soundoffaudio.com website, would anyone here have a box for the same price? If not, do ya'll think an 8" would do ok in the smaller box, I like the size of it a lot and don't need to rattle any windows or anything. maybe with some polyfill it will sound better?

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Oh ok, then it will basically be the equivalent of my type r. So I can tell you if you want good, clean sounding bass then that will sound good trust me. Just make sure you match it up with a good amp (around 500 watts rms) and it will sound very good. The MRP-M500 would be perfect.

haha the s-type won't even come close to comparing to the r-type. the r-type and x-type are pretty close to the same though. the r-type is one of the very best bang for your buck subs on the market. especially since it dosn't need a crazy amount of power

Outburst

Reaction score
haha the s-type won't even come close to comparing to the r-type. the r-type and x-type are pretty close to the same though. the r-type is one of the very best bang for your buck subs on the market. especially since it dosn't need a crazy amount of power
the new type s is the same continuous and peak rms as the previous generation type r
the new type r is teh same continuous and peak rms as the previous generation type x

the new type s is a huge jump from its previous generation. it sounds just as beasty as my type r that i have in my truck right now.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
the new type s is the same continuous and peak rms as the previous generation type r
the new type r is teh same continuous and peak rms as the previous generation type x

the new type s is a huge jump from its previous generation. it sounds just as beasty as my type r that i have in my truck right now.

sweet! i haven't heard the new ones yet. all i know is that i've heard all of the older versions of them and the r and x were so much better than the s. i'll have to look up the new subs! i've personally owned a 12" r-type and a 10" x-type. the r-type was really nice in a sealed box but pretty sloppy in a ported box. my x-type sounds great in both the sealed and ported. the x and r both seemed to have about the same volume too. i'd really like to hear the new subs though! the new s-type may have the same power output as the old r-type but i'd be surprised if it can produce the same sound

wow! i just looked up the new alpine subs. unbelievable the changes they've made! s-type is 500 watts rms and 1500 watts peak. r-type is 1000 watts rms and 3000 watts peak. didn't see a new x-type though. maybe they discontinued them :dontknow: either way i'd love to try the new r-type and compare it to my x-type and see how they compare. my x-type sounds really clean and hits the deep bass really well but it does lack a bit in the higher frequency bass

and the best part is the new line of subs are way cheaper than they used to be! well other than the type-r slims which are just stupid expensive

Last edited:

ShadowX

Reaction score
well dang is there anyone else with a subbin box they want to get rid of?>

Murderface

Reaction score
I have had a SubX in my truck for 4 yrs now with a Sony Xplode 10" octagon shaped speaker and was thinking about upgrading the speaker for its lack of tight bass hits with the heavy metal music I listen to. Then the other day my battery died leaving me to have to retune the head unit and stumbled on a setting that I never used before.........and holy shit it hits harder then ever! Very Syked cause I didn't want to she'll out the money for a new sub.

The SubX is a great box to own

4x4coots

Reaction score
That's a nice box in the center there. Has anyone spilled anything onto the sub? lol

justin13703

Reaction score

The new type s IS the same thing as last years type R. Look the stats up if you don't believe me. I personally own last years type r, and I've installed dozens of the new type s subs. And the new type s is just as loud as the old type r. And that's exactly what I said in my original post.

Top Bottom