Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

summit racing traction bar

06XR-SW

Reaction score
yeah pretty much i wanted traction in a cheap and effective way and the summit bars are working pretty good i will take pic tommorrow with a measuring tape from trac bars to ground and see wat the deal is on that

Alexrunner

Reaction score
what about speed bumps? chances are with a 2"drop and these suckers on there theyll make contact. right?:dontknow:

stretch200

Reaction score
well, if you go really slow, no. haha! Its supposed to be dry tomorrow so I'll put mine on. hopefully. haha! anyways, I'll get pics and see how the clearance is. I've got the 2" drop.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
what about speed bumps? chances are with a 2"drop and these suckers on there theyll make contact. right?:dontknow:

It may be close, but I think you'll be just fine, someone will have to try them. I say go for it :top:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
yea, I'll be the guinea pig on this one. :biggrin:

Sweet! If you have any questions just shoot me a message. Just a quick tip, I'd recommend picking up 8 3/4" Fine thread nuts. That way you can lock the nuts in place. If you don't there is a chance of them coming loose and falling off. That is what happened to me, and I ended up loosing the 2 rear u-bolts.

stretch200

Reaction score
yea, I'm pretty sure I can get them to stay. I'm a decent mechanic. :biggrin:

06XR-SW

Reaction score
im doing good so far with them and i drive crazy hahaha!!

tacoturbo

Reaction score
Correct me i'm wrong. It looks like if there is any type of spacer block to lower the rear the traction bars won't fit. If you look at the u-bolts that secure the bar to the leaf spring it looks long enough. But if there is a 1" or 2" block the bar barckets that contacts the leafs underside may not reach. Remember, the stock shock absorber lower mount and leaf spring pad has a curved, thicker section at the rear. This bar looks like it will work on the stock height rear only. I wanted to order this myself but don't think it will work even with a 1" drop. I'm interested it anyone has made this work.

TT

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Correct me i'm wrong. It looks like if there is any type of spacer block to lower the rear the traction bars won't fit. If you look at the u-bolts that secure the bar to the leaf spring it looks long enough. But if there is a 1" or 2" block the bar barckets that contacts the leafs underside may not reach. Remember, the stock shock absorber lower mount and leaf spring pad has a curved, thicker section at the rear. This bar looks like it will work on the stock height rear only. I wanted to order this myself but don't think it will work even with a 1" drop. I'm interested it anyone has made this work.

TT

XrunnIT is running them with a 1" rear drop :top:

XrunnIT

Reaction score

TT

I have a 1" rear drop. The drop does not effect the traction bars at all. The lowering blocks only push the leaf springs away from the axle. If you look at the pic below you can see the 1" block, and how it relates to the springs and the traction bars. :top:

tractionbars1.jpg

stretch200

Reaction score
ok. So here's a picture of the summit traction bars on my truck. As you can see there's not that much clearance. I've got a 2in drop in the back. and there's about 1in of clearance.
Picture002.jpg

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Dude, you got to tighten those bad boys up. They aren't going to do much with that much clearance. You should have between 1/2" and 1/4" for traction and the little bit of comfort that's left. If that's not important, make sure those nubs are against the leaf.

You should have more clearance then that. How is it mounted? Are you sitting behind the axle housing? or straddling it?

stretch200

Reaction score
I"m straddling it. And I tightened them down all the way. There's only about 1/2in of clearance with the nub.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I"m straddling it. And I tightened them down all the way. There's only about 1/2in of clearance with the nub.

Which hole do you have the nub in? Put the nub in the last hole (closest to the front of the truck). And I'd say put that nub against the spring. That will eliminate any twisting of the springs. And give the best performance out of the traction bars, not to mention more clearance. To me the is no difference in the ride at all.

stretch200

Reaction score
I put the nubs in the ones closest to the rear. But I'll try to fix it tomorrow. And get the nubs to touch the springs.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Here are a couple pics that I just took of mine so you can see where I sit clearance-wise.

P1010091.jpg

P1010092.jpg

Top Bottom