Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

summit racing traction bar

stretch200

Reaction score
alright so I fixed the traction bars. I've not got about 2in of ground clearance. I can definitely feel the difference. I've got much better traction.
Picture007.jpg

stretch200

Reaction score
oh yea. I also have to be pretty careful when going into a driveway or things like that. And some speed bumps are out of the question. I might take these off and only put them on when I go to the track. But for 40 bucks I can't really complain about the way they are set up.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
oh yea. I also have to be pretty careful when going into a driveway or things like that. And some speed bumps are out of the question. I might take these off and only put them on when I go to the track. But for 40 bucks I can't really complain about the way they are set up.

Hmmm...I figured you'd have more clearance then that...:dontknow:. Glad to see that you like them though. I was considering a 2" drop in the rear and the c2c in the front, but after looking at that. I'd rather stay on my 1" and keep the t-bars. I took them off for a day when I needed new hardware and it sucked...

Last edited:

X-Runnin

Reaction score
I think I'm about to order these, but I know I'm going to hit them on something... What would happen if you hit these, wouldn't it just bump your truck up because of the slant?

XRLover25

Reaction score
Were there any pics of clearance on helper springs? I don't remember seeing any that showed good angles.... i.e. front, back, side. Any one have them and would like to help?

stretch200

Reaction score
I think I'm about to order these, but I know I'm going to hit them on something... What would happen if you hit these, wouldn't it just bump your truck up because of the slant?

yea, it just scrapes. Nothing to worry about.

XrunnIT

Reaction score

Organic Mechanic

Reaction score
they are the same exact part. Summit buys the cheapest one in bulk, and sells it at a reduced price.

I bought a summit brake proportioning valve for $16 vs. a Wilwood one that looked identical for like $30. When I got it, I pulled the summit racing sticker off, and amazingly it said wilwood underneath.

Summit brand stuff is good, I use a lot of it; especially fuel parts.

In addition, I'm sure I could whip up a traction bar of this style, specifically designed to fit the x-runner. Our trucks have a particularly flat spring, so a custom traction bar could be made that fits much closer, and use of thicker and stronger materials could also increase clearance.

Just off the top of my head, a custom set, made of stainless would be about $110+shipping.

Last edited:

tacoturbo

Reaction score
Well, I got my traction bars in today and they don't fit. Dang it! From looking at the images posted it looks as if the lower shock perch on my truck is different. Mine has the same outboard shock mount but the mounting plate the bolts to the underside of the leaf springs has a downward curved flange that runs the perimeter of the plate itself. The mounting pads on the traction bars are not tall enough to clear. Crap, now what? I don't want to take a sawzall to trim that flange off or use spacers on the bars. Any ideas are welcomed. :dontknow:

SS

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Well, I got my traction bars in today and they don't fit. Dang it! From looking at the images posted it looks as if the lower shock perch on my truck is different. Mine has the same outboard shock mount but the mounting plate the bolts to the underside of the leaf springs has a downward curved flange that runs the perimeter of the plate itself. The mounting pads on the traction bars are not tall enough to clear. Crap, now what? I don't want to take a sawzall to trim that flange off or use spacers on the bars. Any ideas are welcomed. :dontknow:

SS

Do you have pics?

That sounds the exact same as mine, but mine work fine, and we just installed a set on Ninja17's about 2 or 3 weeks ago. They should fit (may have clearance with 2" drop though).

stretch200

Reaction score
I had the same problem. If you work at it, it'll sit at least decently. I have my front mounting pad against the leaf spring and the rear one up in the rear. If you tighen down the front one first then the back and then the front again, it should be fine.

BSPX

Reaction score
i'm going to whip up a custom set in a few weeks for my truck, not going to do that ugly slapper bar setup on my truck. I was going to make a new version of the slide-a-link setup, but I cant find the bushings anywhere so I am going to go with the bellhouse and rod setup. Should be killa! Think I'm going to powder coat it red to match my x-brace as well.

Alexrunner

Reaction score
What size were those bolts for the ubolts on the T-bars? I think I might need to buy some deepsockets to get them on there all the way.

Top Bottom