Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sway Bar Kit Sale!!

drose6102

Reaction score
I can't get them now with the holidays coming up. But this is the next mod I will be getting for my truck for sure.

XRwannabe

Reaction score
Do these only fit XRs or can 4x4s use these? I've been looking into a hellwig rear sway bar. How will these compare?

Shipping quote to 20776, MD?

BondXII

Reaction score
Do these only fit XRs or can 4x4s use these? I've been looking into a hellwig rear sway bar. How will these compare?

Shipping quote to 20776, MD?

will these work with the regular cab tacomas?

This answer goes to both of you guys. As of now, these work for XR, obviously. The base models, can use the front. With the base model guys, you need extra parts for the rear sway to be installed. I'm working on getting those parts together so that they can use this kit as well. The same applies for the rear for the 4x4 and Pre-Runner. The front for the 4x4 and Pre-Runner won’t work due to clearances. I have it on my long list of future products to start making front sways for the 4x4 and Pre-Runners.

As far as how ours compare to Hellwig… We offer front/rear where they only have a rear for all Taco’s. The Hellwig rear is 3/4” where ours is 1 1/16” in diameter. Ours is 3 way adjustable, Hellwig’s is not. The upside to Hellwig is that they actually have the kit for you guys to use it. Not what I plan to do for engineering parts, but I guess it works for them. From looking at their site and the actual pictures of the sway bar they offer, it appears that they were more geared to provide you guys with a sway bar that would improve your ride based on daily drivers. Ours is more track driven and designed to improve track performance for the X-Runner, and GREATLY improve handling for those Tacos that do not come with a rear sway bar at all.

I hope that answers everything.

kelson

Reaction score
This answer goes to both of you guys. As of now, these work for XR, obviously. The base models, can use the front. With the base model guys, you need extra parts for the rear sway to be installed. I'm working on getting those parts together so that they can use this kit as well. The same applies for the rear for the 4x4 and Pre-Runner. The front for the 4x4 and Pre-Runner won’t work due to clearances. I have it on my long list of future products to start making front sways for the 4x4 and Pre-Runners.

As far as how ours compare to Hellwig… We offer front/rear where they only have a rear for all Taco’s. The Hellwig rear is 3/4” where ours is 1 1/16” in diameter. Ours is 3 way adjustable, Hellwig’s is not. The upside to Hellwig is that they actually have the kit for you guys to use it. Not what I plan to do for engineering parts, but I guess it works for them. From looking at their site and the actual pictures of the sway bar they offer, it appears that they were more geared to provide you guys with a sway bar that would improve your ride based on daily drivers. Ours is more track driven and designed to improve track performance for the X-Runner, and GREATLY improve handling for those Tacos that do not come with a rear sway bar at all.

I hope that answers everything.

when you come up with this kit for non XR trucks I will buy a set. is there a ballpark estimate of when this is going to be out or are they not on the table yet? lol

guessing there isn't a way to just buy the fronts and wait for the back kit to come out?

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If my wife and I didn't have a baby on the way in 4 weeks, I would all over this. Great price!

BondXII

Reaction score
bump for the sale. Don't let Monday get here and you kick yourself for not jumping on this. In case I'm asked, I'm still working on getting a "conversion kit" for you non-X-Runner types to use the rear sway.

butters607

Reaction score
We got ketchups in his tamater today and his stock height coils!

Top Bottom