Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Swine flu has hit my house

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OINK OINK!

Nah seriously... yesterday afternoon my wife was complaining about her lower back hurting a little - we didn't think much of it, thinking maybe she slept weird or something. Late last night she started feeling cold and had a bit of a cough. By the time we went to bed at 11:00 she had a fever of 100. This morning, a fever of 101.2 - now bad cough, chest pain, headache, back and leg aches. My boss was diagnosed with H1N1 about 2 weeks ago and he had the exact same symptoms.

It sucks. I feel bad for her. My only hope is that these massive doses of Vitamin D that I'm on right now will help me out a little bit. We're trying to get the kids out of the house this weekend so that hopefully they won't get it. My daughter already has a bad cold and ear infection so to double that with the flu would probably be very bad for her.

I'm gonna go eat some slop. :laugh:

RedXr

Reaction score
Damn Klint, thats not good. Hope she gets better soon and that nasty stuff doesnt spread throughout the fam. Good luck mang.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Double up on your Vitamin C. 1000mg a day is a great boost to any immune system. Hope she feels better!

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Ruuunnnnnut!!! Run for the hills!!! hahahahah. But seriously though. Hopefully its not the swine flu but from what you sayin it may very well be :(. Give her all my best!!! Hopefully she can kick its ass right back to the barn!!!!

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Damn homie, that pretty freakin shitty:thumpdown:

Tell her that me and Krysta give her our best!!! And def. try to get those kids outta the house ASAP!

nine9six

Reaction score
Sorry to hear man, my buddy has it and I'm staying the **** away!

Hopefully she'll make a speedy recovery. :top:

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
Damn klint, tell her I said hi and hope she feels better :crinklehair:.

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
AHH!

"Souper" chicken soup!!! I'm sendin out positive thoughts your way!

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
My soup is a cure-all.

Either that or make a hot totty, it'll sweat anything right outta you.

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
So.... are you going to get the shot now?

hope she gets better.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So.... are you going to get the shot now?

Nope. She sounds pretty bad, but so far it doesn't seem as bad as the regular flu. It sounds like she's got a REALLY bad cold. And even the symptoms are more cold-like, just exacerbated. I can handle being sick, my concern is for the kids. I'm confident they'll be fine, but I just don't like seeing them feel miserable. And they don't understand why it's happening... which makes it even more difficult as a parent.

X-roller

Reaction score
scary stuff man....hope the fam recovers just fine. best wishes to you....There is a girl from my old high school that died just recently because of the swine flu.....quite scary stuff...I know what you are feeling. My niece had some symptoms and scared the hell outta me.. God be with you.

off-road taco06

Reaction score
Good luck sir. Sorry to hear, but as long as you watch it and if it gets pretty overwhelming then go to the emergency asap. Swine Flu is nothing to take lightly.

lostrunner

Reaction score
If it is swine flu go to doc and get started on tamiflu...Wife takes two caps for a week and you take one cap a week to keep it off...Don't know the age of the kids but they make a liquid one if they are young, I work in a pharmacy and that is what they are doing, and so far seems to work well...Best wishes.......:top:

Tapp

Reaction score
NOOOO ...thats a bummer dood!! tell krysta she is in our thoughts!!...

DISINFECT EVERYTHING!!!!

TACOMATOSED

Reaction score
Damn it man...I knew I shouldn't have come over for dinner when she said she wasn't feeling well...hope I don't get sick for my vaca this week!
Hope she feels better and you and the kids can stay healthy...vitamin C all the way...i've been taking 1000mg all week, my dad swears by it!

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it is swine flu go to doc and get started on tamiflu...Wife takes two caps for a week and you take one cap a week to keep it off...Don't know the age of the kids but they make a liquid one if they are young, I work in a pharmacy and that is what they are doing, and so far seems to work well...Best wishes.......:top:

Do you think she could get it just by calling the doctor's office? The office is only open for another 40 minutes and she doesn't really want to get up and go.

SX TOY

Reaction score
best of luck beating the sickness in the house. my thoughts are with you and your family

Top Bottom