Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

switch blade key

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
Your local dealer can cut it and program it. Give them a call to get a quote

ACE OF SPADE X

Reaction score
just got off the phone with my dealer and the want to charge me 90$ cut cut and program..is that a good price cuz to me that seems a little steap?

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
I just called the local dealer here... $130.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
sounds like a good deal. I still need to get a spare made. Truck only came with one set when I bought it used in 06.

ACE OF SPADE X

Reaction score
Description says you can program it yourself.

If one of the pictures at the top of this listing mentions free programming instructions, then you can do it all yourself without going to your dealership.

but it dosent say that it comes with one. is there any way i could find out how to do it?

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I think its pointless. Especially if you have an aftermarket alarm. I'd rather spend the $100+ that it takes to purchase, program, etc. on something else. Just my opinion tho.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
IDK if that will work.

You get a key, case, and the chip ALL for just $25.00...what does that make the chip worth?...about $12 bucks?. I don't know how well a $12 transponder chip will work...seems too good to be true:hmmmm2:

From the item description-->

"The key contains a tiny embedded electronic chip called a transponder. Each transponder has its own unique code--it's the key's "fingerprint". When the key is inserted into the ignition and turned, the transponder is energized and broadcasts its unique code to the car's receiver in the dashboard. If the car's receiver recognizes the code, it will allow the car to start."

^^^"IF"...:rolleyez:

Try it if you have an extra $25 to spend...but I don't think that piece of shit chip they use will work with the Toyota ECU.

I could be wrong though:dontknow:

BTW, that seller has had 29 NEGATIVE reviews in the past MONTH!

ACE OF SPADE X

Reaction score
IDK if that will work.

You get a key, case, and the chip ALL for just $25.00...what does that make the chip worth?...about $12 bucks?. I don't know how well a $12 transponder chip will work...seems too good to be true:hmmmm2:

From the item description-->

"The key contains a tiny embedded electronic chip called a transponder. Each transponder has its own unique code--it's the key's "fingerprint". When the key is inserted into the ignition and turned, the transponder is energized and broadcasts its unique code to the car's receiver in the dashboard. If the car's receiver recognizes the code, it will allow the car to start."

^^^"IF"...:rolleyez:

Try it if you have an extra $25 to spend...but I don't think that piece of shit chip they use will work with the Toyota ECU.

I could be wrong though:dontknow:

BTW, that seller has had 29 NEGATIVE reviews in the past MONTH!

i was hoping you would chime in i thought it was a little cheap but you never no and just like mort-runner said 130 bucks it a little much for a key there is alot more things i could get with that but thanks for all the info bro:top:

nine9six

Reaction score
I need a spare key also but I don't know where to begin!

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Most dealers charge flat hour to program immobilizer keys which our trucks have. So i would say $100 minimum is going rate.

Top Bottom