Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Taco Curse Strikes Oahu

nylesnakamasan

Reaction score

Well, in case some of you were wondering why I sent you a picture this afternoon...THE TACO CURSE HIT ME THIS AFTERNOON...

I T-BONED a chevy uplander which damaged the taco pretty bad...my front end is f**ked...wont be able to drive it...

this was at koko marina shopping center and kalanianaole highway...well this is a pretty busy street and the koko marina people are supposed to stop and yield to Kalanianaole hwy, so I am coming from Haunama Bay way and I was goin about 30mph with Justin(STFUSHORTY) followin me...I seen the Chevy Uplander stop at the upcoming stop sign about 30 yards ahead...I keep on going cause I have the right of way...then the unthinkable happened...I am about 10 yards away and the chevy uplander gasses it like he is going to cut across and go eastbound (I am going westbound) but then stops in my lane...WTF!!!I slam on my brakes but the ABS wont stop so I turn right to try and avoid but ended up striking his rear driver side fender...

I got out and started yelling and bitching...this sucks...:thumpdown::motz:

ima post pics in a bit...

NightWing

Reaction score
Aww bro that sucks. I hate dumb@$$ drivers like that. Good thing your ok.

stfushorty

Reaction score
it sucked i know i was there hey bro were just lucky i didnt hit you then that would have been preety ugly but its cool **** happens for a reson never x-runner here we come hehehe

nylesnakamasan

Reaction score
pics.........

Attachments

• o7.23.o8 the day the taco got hurt 001.jpg
    o7.23.o8 the day the taco got hurt 001.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 105
  • o7.23.o8 the day the taco got hurt 002.jpg
    o7.23.o8 the day the taco got hurt 002.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 96
  • o7.23.o8 the day the taco got hurt 004.jpg
    o7.23.o8 the day the taco got hurt 004.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 99
  • o7.23.o8 the day the taco got hurt 007.jpg
    o7.23.o8 the day the taco got hurt 007.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 103
  • o7.23.o8 the day the taco got hurt 012.jpg
    o7.23.o8 the day the taco got hurt 012.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 104

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
That freaking sucks man, glad your ok tho..... Now you can go and buy the 09 xrunner nyles....

shook

Reaction score
Dood... that fawken sucks man :thumpdown:, I got the text but I dont have picture mail. You hurt ? hope not.. thats the main thing, the truck looks fawked up but fixable, was it the other persons fault ? hope it gets taken care of.

morcheez

Reaction score
damn that sux man...maybe time for a color matched bumper :smile:

RossK35

Reaction score
Oh snap nyles sorry to see this happen to you. :thumpdown: Hope everything works out.

nylesnakamasan

Reaction score
I think it might be 'totalled title' because where the actual bumper (not bumper cover) bolts on to the frame, the welded frame part is bent...and any damage to the fram is 'totalled' status right?

dude this sucks....oh yea it was totally NOT my fault...what makes this kind of iffy is the fact that it is a tourist and it's a rent-a-car....so who am I attacking for my accident...the rent-a-car service or this tourist?:thumpdown:

808STAYTE

Reaction score
Yeah I am always in HK and people always do that right in that spot by Chervron, its gotten even worse, since all kinda new buildings have been going up and the population is growing in HK. Not sure why the people turning expect the guys that have the right of way to stop or slow down for them. That just seems to be the mentality of the people there for some reason. Good luck on the repairs to get the truck back in action.

pEACE

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
damn, hope someone gets you taken care of and you end up with a new one!

was the driver a woman? had to be!

BlackCat

Reaction score
I think it might be 'totalled title' because where the actual bumper (not bumper cover) bolts on to the frame, the welded frame part is bent...and any damage to the fram is 'totalled' status right?

Not necessarily. Frame damage *is* usually fixable - it's just a matter of how much will it cost. From your pics, it really doesn't look bad at all. You're out a lot of sheetmetal and cosmetics, but the frame looks okay (again, just from the pics). I'd say 5-10 grand in damages (a wide spread since I can't tell from the pics what weld damage you're talking about, and usually a corner strike like what you had will tear things up more than just a full face direct strike)

dude this sucks....oh yea it was totally NOT my fault...what makes this kind of iffy is the fact that it is a tourist and it's a rent-a-car....so who am I attacking for my accident...the rent-a-car service or this tourist?:thumpdown:

Depends on if the tourist has their own personal vehicle coverage or they bought the optional coverage from the rental agency. The police report (I assume there was one) should say. The police report should also state preliminary blame.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
damn bro that sucks, least everyone is ok and from the pics it looks repairable.

be careful when you swurve to avoid hitting someone i did that on my accident and and it made my truck look as though i was turning so the cop wrote me the ticket. now if i had of just ran clean into the side of the guy most likely would have killed him but there would have no doubt it was his fault.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Got to love stupid drivers!:thumpdown: Sucks to see it that way man.

Top Bottom