Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tacoma 4 Piston Caliper with ISF 345mm Rotor Bracket

flipboikev

RamRod Parts
Reaction score
image.jpg

Using the Tacoma 4 piston caliper. Anyone interested? Currently under fabrication. Sized down to fit aftermarket 18" wheels.

Last edited:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure you'd have a bunch of interest. If you want to sell them please get in contact with me so we can get you set up as a vendor or advertiser. Out of curiosity, what rotor are you using?

flipboikev

RamRod Parts
Reaction score
I'm sure you'd have a bunch of interest. If you want to sell them please get in contact with me so we can get you set up as a vendor or advertiser. Out of curiosity, what rotor are you using?
I would like to fabricate the pair of brackets and test before releasing. I've only got one made so far. I had a problem fitting the Tundra caliper/IS-F rotor into my wheel. Luckily I didn't buy the PBU Bat bracket first.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
I would like to fabricate the pair of brackets and test before releasing. I've only got one made so far. I had a problem fitting the Tundra caliper/IS-F rotor into my wheel. Luckily I didn't buy the PBU Bat bracket first.
@flipboikev is the fitment problem backspacing or wheel diameter?

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Inside diameter too small. So now I have Tundra calipers and IS-F rotors sitting on the shelf.... probably make a bracket for that set anyways

Damn that's good to know. Brakes will be one of my first pricey mods. Guess I'll budget for wheels too. I was hoping to get away with wheel spacers for the time being

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got stoptech st40 caliper for a 1st gen tundra that I would let go for super cheap if anyone was interested in making a bracket for them to work on an X

MrX-runner

Reaction score
I'm very interested, make it woks and sell for an affordable price, I'll jump on it.

Doublld

Reaction score
make a bracket for wilwood calipers inexpensive and work great

SgtBadA

Reaction score
I'm running the PBU bracket and brakes with stock wheels. It's very close to touching but works just fine on my truck

Brother Lu

Reaction score
I would be interested also. As long as they will clear aftermarket 18 inch wheels.

flipboikev

RamRod Parts
Reaction score
Waiting on bandsaw blades to make cleaner cuts. The mockup bracket was cut by torch.

flipboikev

RamRod Parts
Reaction score
why a heavy steel caliper
Less research to what fits = low cost on parts. It easier to base off what type conversions already exists. I'm not going to buy random aluminum calipers to see what works together.

flipboikev

RamRod Parts
Reaction score
IMG_2341.JPG

Setup installed on XXR 962 18x9.5 +35. Don't worry about the position of the caliper. Everything is bolted together.

flipboikev

RamRod Parts
Reaction score
IMG_2356.JPG

Good news everybody, I finally made the first pair of brackets. These will be a prototype to machine a copy for accuracy and possible for mass production depending on cost. I would like to have them machined instead of handmade due to small inconsistency. I will find the best way to keep cost low. Will keep updates posted.

Reaction score
Personally I plan on using an existing Lexus caliper and rotor. I know for a fact that many of the LS calipers are 4 piston aluminum, and can get either rebuilt or lightly used for less than Willwood. Also, when times comes to replace, it's factory parts.

flipboikev

RamRod Parts
Reaction score
Sent in calipers and the first set of brackets for powder coat. Probably get back by Friday and waiting for new rotors to come in so I can put everything together on the weekend. Currently drawing up blueprints and finding a machine shop for production. Hopefully cost stay low so everyone can get pair for cheap. Also looking into having the tacoma 4 piston calipers with drum parking brake for the rear. Just need to buy a spare rear axle for mockup. I'd also like to mock up a bracket to use the Tundra caliper but I don't have my stock wheel to ensure clearence. I'll keep updating as the project moves along.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep me posted if you get to the point where you're ready to sell so we can get you set up as a vendor.

Top Bottom