Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Taking your X Coast to Coast?

cr$nXrunner

Reaction score
Im moving to New Jersey from Japan in September.... My Xrunner is currently in SoCal and im not sure if the airforce will ship the car since its not on my orders.

So I was wondering has anyone drove 2700 miles in their X in a 2-3 day period?

If so:
- What problems have you ran into?
-How will it be if i get the DJM 3/3 drop across the country (staying on paved roads)
-URD TCAI make any difference at all? (besides deeper tone -__- )
- On stock rims or 20'' (brake wear wise)

any reply will help! thanks again

boost10

Reaction score
The aairforce might pay if its ur first pcs from first duty station not to sure now days. I drove my stock x from norcal to alaska in 5 days n wad ok even wen 100 mls was gravel but it was fun and i sugest u plastic dip ur fenders , skirts and bumper cuz trips like that chipped my babie up but gud luck and take ur time its a long drive ..p.s i did 3560 miles that pcs lol

madtrucker

Reaction score
It's a Toyota you'll be fine. It sounds like fun. Road trip! I would take I-70, I-44, I-40, I-15. That is going to be your smoothest route, quick too.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I did Toronto Canada to Las Vegas and it a was great drive and very comfortable. Make sure you have good music.

Gadget

Reaction score
I have driven my X from Maryland to California and back 3 times.

2.5 days each direction.

The last trip back I moved URD back to Maryland. I towed a big UHaul trailer that was filed to the brim and every squared inch of the truck was stuffed. Way overloaded.

A cross country drive is nice.

The one thing you may want to factor in is the cost of fuel now. It might be cheaper to ship it.

G

cr$nXrunner

Reaction score
The aairforce might pay if its ur first pcs from first duty station not to sure now days. I drove my stock x from norcal to alaska in 5 days n wad ok even wen 100 mls was gravel but it was fun and i sugest u plastic dip ur fenders , skirts and bumper cuz trips like that chipped my babie up but gud luck and take ur time its a long drive ..p.s i did 3560 miles that pcs lol

Yup, i found out from my tmo friend they can pay me for travel and give me travel days, thanks again so much for ur info!

I have driven my X from Maryland to California and back 3 times.

2.5 days each direction.

The last trip back I moved URD back to Maryland. I towed a big UHaul trailer that was filed to the brim and every squared inch of the truck was stuffed. Way overloaded.

A cross country drive is nice.

The one thing you may want to factor in is the cost of fuel now. It might be cheaper to ship it.

G

Damn! thats some milage put on there but i bet it was a fun ride...I did the math on the fuel as well, to ship it by private truck company was 1200$ and gas with the price of 4.75 (estimate) per gallon ran about 700$... also the airforce is paying for gas and expenses... thanks again for ur reply!

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
If you are going to make the drive, you may want to see if there are any really cool sites you may want to stop and see on your way.

My last trip out to Cali I stopped and checked out that huge meteorite crater in AZ and a couple of other sites on the way.

G

frechem

Reaction score
I drove my truck from CA to NC in 5 days towing a car on a 7' x 17' trailer and the bed full of boxes with no problems.

You'll be fine.

xrunnerjoe89

Reaction score
What part of New Jersey you moving to? BTW New Jersey roads suck! potholes everywhere. Good luck with the drive.

darthyota

Reaction score
i drove my x from canada to mexico with stops in las vegas phoenix and tucson plus all the running around i did in this locations i figured i put on between 8000km and 9000km round trip which is 4971-5592 miles round trip did i mention that i also drove through two blizzards that trip

Moneyblind

Reaction score
You shouldn't be too bad if you drive mate; I am from Tulsa Oklahoma, and drove to Florida, then immediately to Louisiana and back again; Like someone said, music music music lol As for the TMO thing, you will get your money out of your travel voucher, but if their is a way for them to include the truck on your orders; By all means, push for that seeing as your coming from that side of the states anyhow; I would schedule a meeting with TMO ASAP and get it all situated.

cr$nXrunner

Reaction score
What part of New Jersey you moving to? BTW New Jersey roads suck! potholes everywhere. Good luck with the drive.

Im moving to the McGuire/ Ft Dix... Hows the X scene out there in Jersey?

You shouldn't be too bad if you drive mate; I am from Tulsa Oklahoma, and drove to Florida, then immediately to Louisiana and back again; Like someone said, music music music lol As for the TMO thing, you will get your money out of your travel voucher, but if their is a way for them to include the truck on your orders; By all means, push for that seeing as your coming from that side of the states anyhow; I would schedule a meeting with TMO ASAP and get it all situated.

I know im tryin to. They wouldve shipped it if i got the car on my orders before i went to kadena japan and have it in gov storage in cali, but im gonna try to get it on there asap this week.... thanks agai for ur help man! some valuable information...

Last edited:

Fiddich

Reaction score
It's a Toyota you'll be fine. It sounds like fun. Road trip! I would take I-70, I-44, I-40, I-15. That is going to be your smoothest route, quick too.
Yes but you will have tolls on the I$$

Gators Taco

Reaction score
If you drive in Oklahoma city, make sure you have some loose change. On my trip down, the change machine did not work in my lane. It's going to be a nice drive. If you have CAA, get a trip tick, it will give you lots of places to visit, food, where to stay at and more. Have fun with the drive.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
If you drive in Oklahoma city, make sure you have some loose change. On my trip down, the change machine did not work in my lane. It's going to be a nice drive. If you have CAA, get a trip tick, it will give you lots of places to visit, food, where to stay at and more. Have fun with the drive.

Yea, speaking of.............I lived in oklahoma, and oklahoma ALONE, traveling along I 44, will costs you ALOT.....its ridicoulous, no other state does it like Oklahoma in regards to freaking toll gates; and the roads still suck.

Gators Taco

Reaction score
They will send you a bill. You need a plate system like James Bond

darthyota

Reaction score
And how do they expect theyre bill will actually get paid?

o5oldblue

Reaction score
Thanks for your service. whatever you decide.....have a safe trip

Top Bottom