Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TD exhuast setup?

XRangel

Reaction score
Is the True Dual exhaust setup really only beneficial on V8s and not our engine? I would think that after boosting we would be putting out enough exhuast for a TD setup...just askin cuz I dont see alot of members here with the TD setup...

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
i dont think TD would benefit us. There is such a thing as to much.

and we need some back pressure

Grumpy

Reaction score
^^ With proper size piping, that won't be a problem.

2.25" ID is more then enough for TD setup.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Like said many times before, exhaust gains are typically minimal. That said, even with the right pipe sizing, you will likely see no more gains than a typical muffler swap. Sound wise, it will definitely sound different.

disciple X

Reaction score
i'm glad you asked... i have wanted to start this thread several times, i just never got around to it... i have been contemplating this for a while.... why dont you go for it and let me know how it turns out...:smile:

by the way... is there ANY member on here with duals?

Last edited:

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
i'm glad you asked... i have wanted to start this thread several times, i just never got around to it... i have been contemplating this for a while.... why dont you go for it and let me know how it turns out...:smile:

by the way... is there ANY member on here with duals?

Glen from TTC has a true dual setup. He has the JBA shorty headers, along with two Aero Turbine 2525 mufflers. Here is a video clip of the setup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BKX...showthread.php?t=9540&feature=player_embedded

Top Bottom