Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The official exhaust thread

Lucky X

Reaction score
I'm running flowmaster 40 series and it sounds great not that annoying pissed off weed eater sound when im shifting gears above 2,000 rpm it sounds so good!

adamewwy

Reaction score
Anyone running stock headers and y pipe with deleted rear cats and a flowmaster muffler? Also is anyone running stock everything with just rear cat delete? if so post some videos or something I am just trying to research a few different ideas before actually executing any plans.

Eraser

Reaction score
I would just like to suggest taking these videos after your truck has warmed up and the exhaust is hot. I can tell the difference in sound when cold vs. hot exhaust. It may be minor but its there.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I would just like to suggest taking these videos after your truck has warmed up and the exhaust is hot. I can tell the difference in sound when cold vs. hot exhaust. It may be minor but its there.

Thought that was common sense.... Guess it's just not so common, I did vid with a cold start and warmed up!

adamewwy

Reaction score
Been thinking of gettting a flowmaster muffler welded in place of the stock muffler..any advice on if it sounds good or bad with the rest of exhaust being stock..or has anybody used another brand or exhaust with stock components..

Also searched this thread for a video of a aftermarket muffler with stock y and headers and really didn't see anything. If anybody has a video like that plz post it or at least a link to it. thanks.

Last edited:

joeblaze78

Reaction score
Well i finally found a way to get rid the the rasp with my DTLT headers i replaced the flowmaster 40 series with a Borla straight thru exhuast its way better no more drone in the cab. Even better no more rasp. Ill post a video soon. :biggrin:

asianized

Reaction score
Well i finally found a way to get rid the the rasp with my DTLT headers i replaced the flowmaster 40 series with a Borla straight thru exhuast its way better no more drone in the cab. Even better no more rasp. Ill post a video soon. :biggrin:

Post up a video cause that's what I wanna get. Tired of that loud wraspy sound of flowmaster. Is the borla a deep sound?

Tunedx

Reaction score
Post idle/drive by borla vid clip. What style and size borla did u end up deciding on?

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
If one is going to do rework on there exhaust and change the clamps to v-bands would it be recommended to use the 304 or stainless..

Top Bottom