Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The official exhaust thread

Poppel09

Reaction score
u got the magnaflow off urd also and did u add any sensor i know the maf anyother ones? and ty

outlaw7

Reaction score
I got everything except the 14" muffler from urd. You will need the o2 sims as well.

Poppel09

Reaction score
oh alright ty whered ya get 14" magnaflow ebay? and the o2 sim u can add on for 80$ is that it or is it the one for 220 just making sure get the right stuff and thank you so much for helping out

I got everything except the 14" muffler from urd. You will need the o2 sims as well.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am in love....... I just dont wanna have to go out the ass end.

What model is this?

That was also on one of the first turbo Tacomas on this site. You can hear the BOV in the background.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
That was also on one of the first turbo Tacomas on this site. You can hear the BOV in the background.

You sure know how to get me going Torspd, but do I have to run it out the ass, or can i stay stock location?

Shortgun

Reaction score
maybe i just missed it but ive looked through every page and dont think ive seen a vid with borla muffler. anyone?

asianized

Reaction score
maybe i just missed it but ive looked through every page and dont think ive seen a vid with borla muffler. anyone?

what island are u on? if ur on oahu, can meet up and let u listen to my X, cause im running a straight pipe with a borla muffler from exhaust systems hawaii. havent had a chance to make a video though. i made one when it had a flowmaster 44 on it

Shortgun

Reaction score
what island are u on? if ur on oahu, can meet up and let u listen to my X, cause im running a straight pipe with a borla muffler from exhaust systems hawaii. havent had a chance to make a video though. i made one when it had a flowmaster 44 on it

Yeah i'm on oahu. I was trying to decide between the flow 44 and the borla. Maybe even the aero 2525.

TacomaGus

Reaction score
have had wicked flows (max and kamikaze), flowmaster, and magnaflow on my truck and i gotta say the aero turbine muffler sounds the best, I love it! It's all personal preference, but I think they sound the best in the youtube vids as well haha

here was a vid i posted of my truck when i had the kamikaze on it. Its also for sale BTW, 2.5" in and out

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfspyQEUpo8[/ame]

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score

BrokenTusk

Reaction score
So I've combed over every inch of this thread, no one has what I'm looking for, closest being sproulesxrunner(? lol sorry man going from memory) on page 13.

I have the URD MK1 Stage 2.5ish s/c set up, DTLT headers (2nd gen), URD y-pipe, and a flowmaster exhaust. I have insane rasp and its deafeningly loud both inside and outside the cabs. The plan is to switch out catbacks for an Aero Turbine 2525 to kill the noise and keep the performance.

Anyone have any other susggestions?? To be clear, I want to kill the rasp, have best possible for performance, while being low noised.

Tunedx

Reaction score
So I've combed over every inch of this thread, no one has what I'm looking for, closest being sproulesxrunner(? lol sorry man going from memory) on page 13.

I have the URD MK1 Stage 2.5ish s/c set up, DTLT headers (2nd gen), URD y-pipe, and a flowmaster exhaust. I have insane rasp and its deafeningly loud both inside and outside the cabs. The plan is to switch out catbacks for an Aero Turbine 2525 to kill the noise and keep the performance.

Anyone have any other susggestions?? To be clear, I want to kill the rasp, have best possible for performance, while being low noised.

I would start off by going with largest straight thru muffler and install resonator in line before the muffler. Also u might want to consider installing high flow cats in your y-pipe and don't go with a chambered muffler they tend to be quieter but have a strange sound @ higher rpm's. Make sure u don't have any exhaust leaks. Run some Seafoam thru the intake manifold which your truck will start puffing out white smoke and exhaust leaks are alot more visble this way. I tried this method and found three exhaust leaks. One was a pin sized hole @ the weld and the other two are my v-band clamps.

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
A Blowmaster muffler on this engine with no cats just will not work.

You need a real muffler on there.

I am running that combo with the URD Mk2 Cat-Back and I think it sounds pretty damn good.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you went the AeroTurbine route, you would definitely need the XL version. Since it has a resonator. Do not get the non resonated version.

A large Magnaflow or other similar style straight through, with a possible long resonator after the y to catback flange, will definitely take care of the rasp.

Top Bottom