Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Think my X caught a Cold !!!

caymanxrunner

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Got in my truck after work... and was driving it home and a **** IS300 pulled on my azz.... anyways dropped it to 2nd gear (took it to about 3K) and the truck was sluggish... I mean really sluggish.

Moving on I decided to drop the wife home and take it out to test.... Did a stationary launch and dropped it at about 3K and it bearly spun... took it on the highway and it really feels sluggish but it goes to redline...

Factors AEM Brute Force Intake only mod.
Oil Change was yesterday (30 miles ago) w/ Mobil 1 Syn. 5w30
Gas 87 octane...
mileage 19100
Year 2006

Please someone tell me its not bad...

....anyone? any suggestions?

Last edited:

RedXr

Reaction score
Well if you are not throwing a CEL, then I would suggest cleaning your filter on the intake. Otherwise, you may have gotten bad gas. Try running a tank fo premium through it, or try some fuel additive.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Agree on the 87. If you want the truck to perform at its best, premium is what you want. If not, at least mid-grade. 87 is for your lawn mower.

Clean your MAF & air filter, see if thats help. How long has the intake been on there?

caymanxrunner

Reaction score
What is the MAF? I just blew out my airfilter yesterday... I will start using 91.

Grumpy

Reaction score
I use this, available at most auto part store chain.

1459_small.jpg

caymanxrunner

Reaction score
Grumpy your the man... I'll pick some of that up tomorrow... and let you know how it goes!

Thanks a million

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
Try putting 92 octane and go from there.......

Also put on some injector cleaner like BG 44K or lucas......

alexxwing

Reaction score
ya bro i used premium for the first 5000 then i thought 87 would be fine no i could tell the truck felt like crap ya your MAF might be derty cuz of the intake speeking of that i should cleen mine i just got 20,000 on the truck shoot:motz: to many miles

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a thought, but do you normally run the tank to E? If so, that could also be part of the problem, combined with the 87 octane. Continually running the tank to E, helps to speed up the fuel filter getting clogged. If all of the other things done first don't help, that may be the problem.

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
I always ran my X on 89 when I was N/A and I made good power(241-278).

I would check everything everyone else said, all good suggestions.

Top Bottom