Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Thinking of Selling my X

CaliCorks

Reaction score
So, I have an 08 Tacoma X-Runner (tha t I love) and I was thinking of getting a better mpg car. Only thing is, I would want to spend less a month on the car, better gas millage, but it would have to make up for the loss in fun in other places. I was thinking leather seats, sunroof, nav, mt. But, with all of that, I know theres nothing that I can see thats within the price I want to pay. Currently, I pay $316 a month for my X, and I would want to pay around $200 or less. Any thoughts? I think I might regret it. I really am having a bad financial situation at the moment, and I would like to get out of it to have some money in my pocket, so something has to go. Any thoughts on cars that can meet in the middle? Having a truck is nice, but I really don't need a truck. Thanks

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
07SWB is selling his XB, work something out with him.....

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
So, I have an 08 Tacoma X-Runner (tha t I love) and I was thinking of getting a better mpg car. Only thing is, I would want to spend less a month on the car, better gas millage, but it would have to make up for the loss in fun in other places. I was thinking leather seats, sunroof, nav, mt. But, with all of that, I know theres nothing that I can see thats within the price I want to pay. Currently, I pay $316 a month for my X, and I would want to pay around $200 or less. Any thoughts? I think I might regret it. I really am having a bad financial situation at the moment, and I would like to get out of it to have some money in my pocket, so something has to go. Any thoughts on cars that can meet in the middle? Having a truck is nice, but I really don't need a truck. Thanks

Amen. I've been overwhelmed by this feeling over the past few months. Thankfully there is not a single vehicle on the road that I really want besides a Lexus GS which costs waaay more. I was almost tempted to get a beater and a bike

CaliCorks

Reaction score
Good thing is, I do have a bike too. Its a GSXR 600. So, I guess I could not have a super fast car, and drive the bike. Ugh, this is tough. I love my X soo much, it took me a long time to find a car that I wanted out there. I was looking into a Corolla, but eh, or a camery, but I think they are too much. The new Maximas are crazy, but way too much too. AHHH don't know what to do!!!

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
why not just get rid of the bike instead?

Ninja17

Reaction score

haha my payment is more then double of yours. i wish i paid 316 a month. good luck mang.

Macda

Reaction score
Get a Camry (sorry about huge picture)
229307_Camry_SE_02ab.jpg

xXLuckyiAMXx07

Reaction score
sorry to hear about your financial problems man, im sure everybody wants money in there pockets, i love money.....

what kind of cars were you looking into on getting??

CaliCorks

Reaction score
why not just get rid of the bike instead?

The bike is $10 bucks to fill up that last me over a week, the truck is $60 to fill up that last 6 days. The bikes payments are 200, the tucks are $315. I think if I dropped the truck, and got something better on gas it would be the better dicision.

Macda

Reaction score
The bike is $10 bucks to fill up that last me over a week, the truck is $60 to fill up that last 6 days. The bikes payments are 200, the tucks are $315. I think if I dropped the truck, and got something better on gas it would be the better dicision.

If you want to save money I hope you are looking at used cars that are worth less then your Xrunner.

Also dont go by the way something looks, Id have an ugly car that wil run for the rest of my life and get 40mpg then a beautiful street queen that sits at the car shop every day. Just saying this because I bought a truck by looks and it has fallen apart and been half way put back together, and I wil probably end up trading for a Honda Accord to save money.

CaliCorks

Reaction score
sorry to hear about your financial problems man, im sure everybody wants money in there pockets, i love money.....

what kind of cars were you looking into on getting??
Well, I just refinanced the truck to try and get lower payments and I did it threw a credit union. It worked for a while, but I decided I need to go lower in order to have money in my pocket overall. Because I did that, the truck got paid off threw Toyota, and they sent me a letter saying thanks for paying it off blah, and they said they would give me a good deal on something else if I wanted to later. Yesterday I got a letter saying they (of course) want me to get into a new car, and they have amazing deals with the low sales right now. I was thinking if I walked in there, handed them my truck they paid off my loan, and gave me a crazy deal on a Camrey, or I guess maybe a Corolloa, that would be cool. I was looking into getting an 09 Maxima but they are 30k.
The Stealership that I both bought my truck from and got the letters from is a huge company owning about 40 other stearlships of diffrent types of cars, like honda, nissan, chevy, ford.

Do you guys think they might get a deal like that for me? I owe 18k on my X and its an 08 with 12k miles in perfect condition.

Macda

Reaction score
Do you guys think they might get a deal like that for me? I owe 18k on my X and its an 08 with 12k miles in perfect condition.

Not at all. Trading it in now will just result in higher car bills or paying a big sum

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Nah ... the first 2-3 years, you'd be lucky to break even depending on how aggressive you are with your payment.

You'd pretty much be starting over with a clean slate. Very little equity, if any.

And there's no such thing as a good deal at the dealer. The only thing you *could* consider a good deal on anything new is paying under invoice in cash. And you still lose a few grand the minute you start it up and drive away. It's all psychological. They want you to feel like you're getting a good deal. The salesperson and finance guy absolutely hate anyone who is never satisfied.

Last edited:

Joe_XR

Reaction score
Not at all. Trading it in now will just result in higher car bills or paying a big sum

Agree, getting out of the X would only cost you more money unless you really think your going to save on gas. Car and trucks loss so much value especially the first few years.

CaliCorks

Reaction score
I'm not looking to make any money off my X. Like I said, I would just like them to buy me out of my 18k loan and start over. The blue book value of the X right now is 22k.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
if you want payments under $200 a month, better gas mileage, cheaper insurance...get a bike...:top: good luck on your decision bro. sad to see another XR leave but do what you gotta do.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
if you want payments under $200 a month, better gas mileage, cheaper insurance...get a bike...:top: good luck on your decision bro. sad to see another XR leave but do what you gotta do.

SHe already has a bike :damnmate: :laugh:

Good thing is, I do have a bike too. Its a GSXR 600. So, I guess I could not have a super fast car, and drive the bike.

Last edited:
Top Bottom