Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thinking turbo

willieshotg3

Reaction score
i am thinking about running a turbo. i am wondering what size injectors to run/where to get them. and looking for a clutch. ps i am going to run 7 psi

wshsbears

Reaction score
centerforce clutch is the only aftermarket one i know of for this truck so far.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
talk to the guys over at URD about injectors, they can help you out :top:
or PM some of the guys that are running turbos...megabitz, and helobobby are
two that come to mind

wshsbears

Reaction score
megabitz was running fine at 7psi on stock injectors, i think it was the fuel pump that he was having trouble with..

utixrunner

Reaction score
megabitz was running fine at 7psi on stock injectors, i think it was the fuel pump that he was having trouble with..

I'm pretty sure he has injectors from URD, 440s I think

another option is to contact trd about getting the injectors used with their sc kit, 455s I think

rexrunner

Reaction score
get the 440's through urd and 7 psi should be ok with stock fuel pump but close. I am going to run a booster inline pump thats good for 700hp :biggrin: also centerforce clutch is what IM hearing but the stock ones is ok aslong as you relese it and dont ride the clutch :top:

willieshotg3

Reaction score
cool so the injectors from urd will fit but they dont say ther for the 1grfe. and where can you find a centerforce clutch at

quicky06

Reaction score
any centerforce dealer. I called centerforce about a price on a dual friction and they said MSRP is mid 700. URD Can get 440 CC injectors from you but they have to order them then put them in a lathe to make them fit right. This is not a bad thing it just means that they wont ship same day. You have to call urd to get the injectors they gave me a price in the 400 range

Now for those of you looking at boost a pumps. The The filter is in the tank so you have quick disconnects all the wau to the fuel rail. This will make it pretty difficult to put a pump in. And im pretty sure the pcm plays with the fuel pump rpm and im not sure what tthat will cause in the MPG part.

You should check out this site its a GREAT turbo calculator that plots your engine on the map
http://www.squirrelpf.com/

Edit: i just realized who you you are lol. You going to be doing this at school? I was planning on building a tqin setup and using 2 t3 60 trims and moutning them on the end of my long tubes and runnong a dry sump for the turbos. Then i found out i owe taxes and then i walked on my snap on truck.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
gadget hinted awhile ago that he was working on fuel upgrades for the 1gr and i believe that includes a stronger pump. But don't quote me on that.
Like I said talk to the guys at URD. I am sure Gadget could find a way to fuel and tune a 1000hp beast :rock::driver:

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
Turbo go for it. Dont they have TRD clutch for XR? :dontknow:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
don't think so... they really don't have much for the x even after 4 years. It seems like the new tundra already has more aftermarket than the X

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
big ego's demand big trucks unfortunately thats why the tundra is getting all the aftermarket parts to get the redneck out of their bowties!:top:

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
thanks BSP.yeah I'm having a hard time swallowing seeing the tundra with mossy oak window tint in the rear window of a tundra.I'd probably puke if I saw it on a Xrunner. over the top will be when i see a 16' wip c.b. antenna on a Xrunner.

megabitez

Reaction score
megabitez has the urd 440cc injectors stock pump fuel cuts off some times idk but im i mean hes pushing 378whp (*wink*)

heloboby7

Reaction score
My clutch started slipping badly at 7psi. I ran a custom 6 puck unsprung cerametallic clutch disc and stock pressure plate. I ran 440cc injectors also. Ran up to 15psi of boost with the stock fuel pump but I supplemented it with some methanol. It hauled large amounts of a$$ too. PM me if you have questions about anything involving the switch to turbo and I'll be glad to help out.

willieshotg3

Reaction score
i was thinking and i am going to scrap the turbo idea untill i have enough money saved up to do everything how i want to. plus i am trying to finish my fiberglass sub box. i am going to paint it black with blue marble. should look good

Top Bottom