Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

This guy sucks. Just wanted a response.

project-c2

Reaction score
So I went online to buy some bulbs for my X. I was looking for clear bulbs that light up amber. :smile: I didn't want LEDs cause the issue with the blinkers going faster. I also didn't want to install resistors. So I stumbled across this site on ebay:
http://stores.ebay.com/Custom-Decals-and-Silver-Bulbs

Pretty cool. They sell chrome plated bulbs. Perfect. So I contacted about shipping to HI. Here's my message and his response:
Dear _________,
Was looking to buy chrome 194 and 3157 bulbs. Just wondering how much combined shiping would be to Honolulu, HI 96826?
- project-c2

His response:
If you buy direct from me without going through eBay so it saves me the
fees the price (shipped) is $22.96 for the two pair.

My paypal address is _________________

thanks!

So what the hell. Good deal saves me 2 dollars. I payed the amount on Friday the 7th and emailed him to see if payment was recieved.

Dear ________,
Was wondering if you recieved payment for 2 sets of bulbs 194s and 3157s chrome/amber. Was quoted 22.96. I payed with paypal and didn't recieve any confirmation. Just wondering if parts have been sent out and a tracking number if possible. Thanks in advance.
- project-c2

Nothing. No response at all. Monday came around and I contacted again with the same email, I just copied and pasted. Finally today (Dec. 12th Weds) I got fed up with it not getting a response, so I filed a dispute with paypal with this:

I have payed for items 5 days ago and honored your request to buy outside of ebay. I have emailed 4 times requesting shipment confirmation and no email has been recieved. I am sorry to say that I will be retracting payment.

He then responds:

3 business days and you expect something to get from NY to freakin' HAWAII - in 3 business days?You've GOT to be kidding me.YES - they shipped. On Monday like ALL orders placed over the weekend.Sounds like you need a bit less sun my friend, and a chill pill to boot.Relax - they'll get there.

So I responded:

All I requested was a contact and info or at least a tracking number. None was recieved even on Monday. That's all I asked for. I am not trying to be "insane". Sorry for the confusion. If it shipped Mon. all I asked for was a confirmation e mail. Cool?

I dunno. Did I do something wrong, or am I just insane for asking for a tracking number.:dontknow:

project-c2

Reaction score
Sorry for the long thread. Got me pretty wound up. I need a beer.:beer:

Truplayboy

Reaction score
I buy tons of stuff on ebay. Jst like u i to like to know the status on how my purchase is being processed. I dnt think u did anything wrong, I recommend u jst look at there feedback, and maby from here on u wnt go outside of ebay. Good luck on your bulbs.

project-c2

Reaction score
Well. He had 99.8% feedback and everything was all G. He even asked to help save him the fees of ebay go to his site. Oh well, lesson learned. Next time I will just "Buy It Now" lol

x-runner kid

Reaction score
what a jerk thats what I don't get you try to help some ppl out and they don't have any thanks to give and show no appriciation you did nothing wrong but i recomend not buying outside of ebay next time

Dagul

Reaction score
The first thing I see wrong is that you went outside of ebay. The second thing I see wrong is you getting a little impatient and filing a claim with paypal rather soon. Aside from that, good luck on getting your situation resolved.

XRLover25

Reaction score
I agree with you, you were just looking out for yourself. It seemed like he just kind of ignored you. That would piss me off too. I have dealt with worse than that, and for a lot more than bulbs. I bought an intake for the truck at autoanything.com. (I think it was $260 or something) They said it "shipped" and was "signed for". It had a signature for a building on my base. Not where I told them to send it, and was not a person in the mail room. It NEVER showed up even today. I had to argue with them for about three weeks every day to get my money back. THAT was a real ordeal. I will never buy anything from them AGAIN! (Ended up paying $40 more and getting it from summit racing, turns out they do price match, but by then I just wanted to get the Dam intake without arguement)

project-c2

Reaction score
The first thing I see wrong is that you went outside of ebay. The second thing I see wrong is you getting a little impatient and filing a claim with paypal rather soon. Aside from that, good luck on getting your situation resolved.

True. he could have emailed me on Monday to let me know. I then waited til today without any email from him until today. I didn't file the claim. I just disputed to show him I was serious. My payment was sent Friday according to my records.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cory - I think you had every right to be concerned. Ebay does have swindlers and I think that all of us are concerned with buying from peeps we don't know. And when they take our money (regardless of the amount) and then don't respond... shoot, I'd be pissed too.

We got your back. We'll get DeathShadow to drive to his place and leave a poo-bag on the doorstep. :biggrin:

i_ski

Reaction score
A flaming poo-bag so he steps in it HA HA

project-c2

Reaction score
Thanks guys just needed to vent. I thought it was pretty inconsiderate for him to say that I need less sun and take a chill pill. I do need less sun though, it's always sunny in HI. LOL I should tell him that. But I had to type that response like 3 times, cause I didn't want to lash out @ him. Oh well, like I said. Lesson learned, I should have just bought it through ebay. Here's his site pretty cool stuff. www.xenonmods.com.

FuCt

Reaction score
i just paid 350 for a double din listed on ebay, with mounting kit and a wiring harness, from some1 selling their XR. (didnt know about the site) We made the deal off ebay and after payment cleared he shipped (yesterday). Tracking number shows its shipped, and weighs 9.90 lbs. Hope its not bricks.

project-c2

Reaction score
But in your case, he contacted you when he shipped and gave you a tracking number. That was all I asked for and he retaliated saying I need to chill out and get less sun. LOL He's just jealous I live in HI.:laugh:

fuseaku

Reaction score
A flaming poo-bag so he steps in it HA HA

haha He called the sh*t poop!

I would've been pissed off too man! I've had some swindlers try to get me to work a deal out of ebay and I'll never do it... you can get screwed pretty bad that way for sure.

Hope you get your bulbs duder! :rock:

morcheez

Reaction score
well i think u are crazy but not because of that :laugh: ...not sure why all sellers dont email tracking numbers when they sell something...i always have to email them and ask for shipping info...i hate waiting :smile:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
No. That happens sometimes on EBAY. Sellers often do not keep up on their e-mails. I sold something for the first time myself. I kept checking everyday for bids and questions. I guess when you sell all the time for years.....you loose intrest. He should have responded to you. He didn't and that was the problem. You were not out of line....he was. Did you leave him negative feedback?

project-c2

Reaction score
No because I decided to help him out and go outside of ebay. On a side note. I still haven't recieved the bulbs. I sell stuff also on this forum and I try to keep in contact with my customers all the time. So far I still haven't gotten a tracking number and it's Friday. Oh well. I should have just said **** it and used that little well known "BUY IT NOW" button. :argh:

Coopstain

Reaction score
I have been burned from EBay before with a situation similar to this. I was buying some drum equipment from what appeared to be a reputable source on the site. He emailed me saying that it would be cheaper if I bought from him directly. Same thing, paypal etc. Never saw the merchandise. At least through Ebay you can report shady stuff like this. Unfortunatly I never got the merch or my money back. Need to be careful.

project-c2

Reaction score
Well. Today they showed up in the mail. I told him I'm sorry for any miscommunication and that I will stick to his ebay auctions in the future. I don't want to tell him that he's an asshole or anything. I'll let others do it for me in the future. All in all. STICK TO EBAY. **** BUYING IT OUTSIDE.

Top Bottom