Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

This is why local tire business fails...

shaX 07

Reaction score
So I went in to this new place called Town Fair Tire (they have multiple locations in New England, and brand new one here in Maine). I went in to get some prices on some 16" snow tires because that's the size i'm going with for the winter on my x-runner. They were complete idiots, saying that 16's wouldn't fit on my truck and that the a 225/60/16 couldn't handle the weight of the truck and they wouldn't even install that size for me because they didn't want to be liable for "all of the things that are going to happen if I drive on 16's".

I told them that i've spoken to numerous people who've run 16's on these trucks and not had a problem, and even plenty who ride on 15's. They also couldn't come close to tire rack's tire prices. These guys even tried to tell me that Blizzaks were over-rated and only lasted 1 winter and they'd be bald :laugh:

I told them I was leaving and going to order my stuff on tire rack, which is what i'm going to do now :top:

This is exactly why local tire places are failing, and will continue to fail. They can't compete with prices, they refuse to put tires on your vehicle and they do nothing to fight for your business. I felt as though they didn't give a **** where I ordered my stuff from, so long as I left their store.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
I completely agree with you bro. before we could rely on shops like this giving us awesome service...good prices cause they know you will be coming back...but now days it seems like people are lazy and could care less about their job...:thumpdown: i try to only go to reputable dealers...but sometimes its best just to shop around. some shops give you awesome customer service but sh*tty deals on price...other awesome deals on price sh*tty customer service. but it seems that it is more common to see/hear of a shop not having any customer service and want to take you for all the $$$ you have.

those guys are dumb *ss*s...the 4x4 and pre-runner use 16's...I have also scene 4x4 lifted running 15's - 20's...WTF were they talking about...:hmmmm2:

you did the right thing by walking out and taking your money else where...glad you found what you need on tirerack.com I'm getting my tires through 4wheelparts.com

Venomous_X

Reaction score
****in pricks.....Did you do a burnout in their parking lot and go back in and tell them, you'd buy your replacements elsewhere too? :rofl: :rofl: Glad you left tho! Some people can be real asshats!

Murderface

Reaction score
just bought some 215/55R17 bridgestone turanza runflats for my wifes 3.5 altima and no one could touch the price from Tire Rack. good thing my wifes bro can put them on for a small tip. probably saving myself about $90 a tire and $60 to mount and balance. TIRE RACK IS THE BEST:top:

Ruffryder

Reaction score
I totally agree. I had already priced tires at Tire Rack, but went to Discount Tire for comparison. For 16" wheels with snow tires they quoted me $700. I told them online was $400 shipped and they told me I was crazy, almost to the point of insulting me. They said I couldn't get steelies for less than $80 a wheel and tried selling me crappy 5 spokes for 120 a wheel. Needless to say I walked out.

As for service, Tire Rack outperforms most brick and mortar stores. They called me to verify that I knew I wasn't getting TPMSenors and the guy on the phone was the nicest. Definitely recommend!!!

shaX 07

Reaction score
I'm going to go back there once I get my 16's w/ Blizzaks on my truck and let them know how awesome the truck drives and how great the blizzaks are in snow :top: :biggrin:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
do it bro...:top: as they walk up to look at your winter setup...burn out and leave dirty snow all over their clothes...:laugh:

I'm going to go back there once I get my 16's w/ Blizzaks on my truck and let them know how awesome the truck drives and how great the blizzaks are in snow :top: :biggrin:

shaX 07

Reaction score
do it bro...:top: as they walk up to look at your winter setup...burn out and leave dirty snow all over their clothes...:laugh:

Exactly and than they may re-think their stupidity in telling people they can't reduce their wheel size by more than 1" and saying blizzaks are bad tires :bird:

xrfritz24

Reaction score
haha thats funny as **** i wish i could be there to see the look on their faces haha

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
seriously do it bro...:top: the best way to shut d*mb*ss*s up is to leave em in a pile of burnt rubber and smoke...:laugh:

Exactly and than they may re-think their stupidity in telling people they can't reduce their wheel size by more than 1" and saying blizzaks are bad tires :bird:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
Sam's has great prices on tires the only thing is they will only put on what the factory had put on so i can get KDW 2 for about 190 a tire if i recall but they won't put them on my truck for "liability" reasons :argh:

Top Bottom