Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

throttle hung this morning

KETCHUP

Reaction score
So, I guess I am more concerned than I was about this pedal recall. Don't know if what happended this morning is the same as the recall. I was heading back to the house because I forgot one of my XRU calendars I had for my 1SG. I drove down my street and there is a bump in the road. I was in 3rd and usually let off the throttle lately over that bump cause of my 22s rubbin the wheel w. When I let off, the truck accelerated for a short spell and then let off. I reached down to check my floor mat and it was in its normal place. Not sideways or anything. I have aftermarket floor mats (black rubber). I have never had this issue before. I have had these mats for a long time. I don't know what caused it, but it is a tad concerning to me. I will take my X in to Yota to have it fixed vera soon!

:dontknow:

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
You need to take those floor mats out especially if you are gonna take it to the dealer. So you don't think it was caught on the floormat or carpet right? It is gonna be a biatch to have them try and recreate it if it was something else....seems like it might be too intermittent.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
good luck keith...:top:

keep us posted to what Toyota has to say about the accelerator...I'm really glad it only happened to you for a second or so...

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Hey bro that sux, but as long as ur ok that's all that matters. GL getting it fixed

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
when i wear flip flops they some times get stuck in my matts but this sounds like something different good luck and be careful

teamben158

Reaction score
I actually had something similar happen a week or so ago. I went to pass someone, was too lazy to downshift so I gave it a bunch of gas, then when I let off, the revs kept going up.

My wife was freaking out because I'm going down the read bouncing off the rev limiter. Guy that I went to pass was looking at me like I was on meth because I was bouncing off the limiter as he went by me at the same speed he was cruising at. :laugh:

Thought it was the floor mat, but it was no where near the gas pedal. I had to kick it to get it unstuck. Pretty scary stuff.

Still haven't gone to the dealer though but it hasn't happened again so not sure what they would do besides dremmel my pedal :thumpdown:

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
so, hold on now the pedal is just getting stuck all by itself?

It has nothing to do with floor mats?

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While the fact that this is happening is concerning and we need to help Toyota debug it if we can, it makes me glad to own a manually. If my whip tries to go outta control, I'll just push the clutch in and bounce it off the limiter like Ben.

Keep us posted Keith. It's interesting to see that finally happen to someone here on XRU.

teamben158

Reaction score
While the fact that this is happening is concerning and we need to help Toyota debug it if we can, it makes me glad to own a manually. If my whip tries to go outta control, I'll just push the clutch in and bounce it off the limiter like Ben.

Keep us posted Keith. It's interesting to see that finally happen to someone here on XRU.

I could see how people would panic if they had an auto. The revs jump really quick and luckily it's pretty instinctive to just kick in the clutch. No real panic here, but it did get my heart rate going a little bit.

so, hold on now the pedal is just getting stuck all by itself?

It has nothing to do with floor mats?

I can't say 100% as I couldn't really see down there, but I know it wasn't the floor mat and I know randomly kicking the pedal caused whatever it was to fix itself. :dontknow:

I would take it to the dealer, but I can't really see what they would do. I've tried to recreate it, but can't get it to stick again. :hmmmm2:

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Scary...
I have weather techs and I cant see the pedal getting stuck, but im gonna take another look this weekend to be sure everything is ok

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
Mine sticks all the time, I just leave the clutch in until it's back to normal :top:

DC29

Reaction score
was your A/C on?

the autos have a problem "lunging" at stop lights due to the a/c pump.

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
I gotcha brotha. Have u tried to figure it out?

Yes I have. It's because my reflexes are slow sometimes and the brain does not collaborate with the foot fast enough and I sink the clutch without letting off the gas all the way :top:

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
I wonder if this could have to do with the drive by wire system? Maybe a failing component that is not sending the proper signals to the ECU.

Top Bottom