Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

throwout bearing

M. Hazard

Reaction score
i got 71000 miles on my truck with original clutch no slipping no grinding (knock on wood) but every now and than my throwout bearing makes that lovely noise sometimes it stays a couple days sometimes it wont do it for days how safe is it to drive with this problem and about how many miles have you guys gone before changing it

Venomous_X

Reaction score
mines been squealing like a pig since my clutch failed around 8k....They didnt want to fix it so its still squeaking until I have time to bring it in. Mine really gets funky when the roads are wet. :frown: Its just an embarrassment moreover of a physical problem. (I mean yes its a bad thing, but its not dangerous to where your going to hurt anybody or performance of the truck) If you got time to bring it in, I would though.

M. Hazard

Reaction score
yea it always makes the sound when wet and its loud. i got a 100,000 warranty brought it in and was told it wasnt covered just wanna make sure it wont lead to something really bad

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet, but from the look of it, you can take the inspection cover off of the side of the transmittion and see the input shaft. If you could carefully get some bearing grease on it by where the throwout bearing slides, it might help.

Top Bottom