Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ticket "Evasion"

Iggy08

Reaction score
So the other day at work, I had to park in a 3hr parking zone because there was no access to the unlimited parking zone due to construction. I got a ticket for it because I forgot to move it during lunch, but I had my dealer temporary plates on the X still. Now I usually don't condone this sort of thing, but seeing as it really wasn't my fault I want to test this out. I've already gotten on the Toll Road with them and nothing's come back to me, so I'm hoping for the similar result here lol.

*I was just about to pay it but I saw it was too late anyways, so I'm gonna wait it out. I'll keep you posted if something happens (or not hopefully haha)

oh and I can no longer do this seeing as the dealer temp plates are expired (in case anyone wanted me to test cameras out or what not lmao)

xrgilly

Reaction score
careful karma can be a bitch just saying!! I've learned this lol

FN5.7

Reaction score
Right on man. I hope u get away with it.

dramad1

Reaction score
Don't they have you put a paper folded in the front window with your info? No matter they can run the vin and it will come back to you. Had this happen to me in wife's car/dealer plates, backed into parking spot. Got a ticket- sign posted 50' away saying no backing in spots. I didn't see it! Payed no attention to it or the ticket. 8 months later a collection notice arrived. . It was for that ticket plus an extra $250 taxed on with the threats of more late payments if not paid. Fml. Karma man. Karma. Gl though. Now as far as acting a fool with dealer plates. Lol. Been there done that. Lol

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
What's the ultimate purpose of not paying the ticket? :dontknow:

Why not just pay the ticket and have the peace of mind of knowing your all clean?

Good luck

Poppel09

Reaction score
lol ya i had my dealer ship things on there for a while turned right and seen camera flash never got anything in the mail and also a couple other things but my plates wasnt registered anywhere cuz im military and i register all my stuff in Tennessee and not cali so i got away with like three things lol but thats me good luck man FIGHT THE POWER lol

STONER-X

Reaction score
i ran the ez-tag with the paper plates for about a month when i got my truck... nothing happened to me......

i looked at it as i spent $1500 a year since i use it every day.. if they sent me a bill i would call them up and add the truck to my account and they would waive the charges..

i racked up a $400+ bill in a rental car.. told them i thought i added a temp tag to the account and they said "ok" and waived all the charges... i have done it multiple times... and never had a problem..

but i do have an account with them.. and i think once they look up my account and see what i spend a year that helps me in the end..

it will be hit or miss..

if you got a parking ticket your paper plates have a tracking number at the bottom... they may send the ticket to the dealer and the dealer will send it to you

it will be hit or miss

good luck :top:

butters607

Reaction score
Um its registered to you still and they will.put a bench warrant out.....

trd_sport

Reaction score
Lets us know if you make it on to the show parking wars, boot that X haha!

Iggy08

Reaction score
haha, some funny comments there guys! I was expecting those "Don't Do It or the world's gonna explode" comments, but like I said I missed the due date anyway so I'm basically waiting for the bill to get back to me. If I get the bill in the mail, I'll definitely pay it. If I don't, my evil plan will have succeeded muahahaha!

The reason I kinda thing it will work for me is the time it took to get the title reissued. When I first bought it, the dealer didn't have the title because of the lean that was previously on it. After about a month, they finally got it and took them another week or two to get it put under mine and my fathers name. And to top everything off, the credit union where I got my loan from had to adjust the title (AGAIN) because I am the sole borrower. (long story aye?)

Right on man. I hope u get away with it.
I hope so too! If I don't at least we'll all learn a lesson :top:

Did they get you VIN?
The ticket doesn't say anything about the vin, so I hope not

Lets us know if you make it on to the show parking wars, boot that X haha!
Definitly, I need to put an XR-Underground sticker asap to REPRESENT! haha

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
Are the dealer plates in Tx like CA just a paper dealer insert and the temp reg taped i the window or is there a assigned number? Worse that will happen if there like CA is attach the fines to your registration and make you pay it plus late chargesb when its time to reregister.

Iggy08

Reaction score
Didn't have a temp registration, only paper plates. I assume they're gonna track it back to me, but we'll see how long it takes I guess.

Top Bottom