Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tips On SS Coil Install

Tunedx

Reaction score
I've found a thread on ss coil install. Is there any other tips that would make install or any tools required that would make it easier. Also what are the torque settings for bolts.

808skittles

Reaction score
question... If i currently have the SOS drop kit in.. would i need to replace my front shocks to install this kit? because the factory spring purch was removed during installation;

thanks im very interested. tooodles!

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
question... If i currently have the SOS drop kit in.. would i need to replace my front shocks to install this kit? because the factory spring purch was removed during installation;

thanks im very interested. tooodles!

just put the factory spring purch back on. I don't have the SS kit, but I had the sos and went back to stock and thats what i did. if you don't have them anymore then you will need new shocks

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
just put the factory spring purch back on. I don't have the SS kit, but I had the sos and went back to stock and thats what i did. if you don't have them anymore then you will need new shocks

Exactly or find someone with the SOS kit to give you their stock perches

808skittles

Reaction score
haha! thast clever! yeah becausde idk where my perches went so ill have to bother shook! :)

D

dreamers

To get them apart- (either get spring compressors or if you have an impact wrench do it this way, trust me its safe and easy with the impact) set it on the floor with the bottom of the strut pointed in a safe direction. put the impact wrench on the top nut in the ball mount. loosen until the strut pops out. There is very little preload in the stock springs so it wont go very far. If you don't want to risk it or dont have an impact wrench spring compressors are the way to go.

Now take the pillow ball mounts and attach them to your tein's. With the coilover shocks, dont pre-adjust the ride-height, set it as low as it will go, then put the spring on, then the pillow mount and tighten that nut down tight as it will go. (do not use air tools, you can damage the adjustment knob) The spring should be fairly loose at this point and the pillow mount should be solidly attached to the shock rod, now adjust the spring perches to the manuals recommended height. It will get tough as those damn springs are stiff.

To mount it to the car- take your assembled coilover and pillow mount and attach it to the bottom shock mount location. Now using a floor jack placed under the hub, align the top of the coilover assy with the 3 holes on your shock tower and jack up the hub until the bolts on the pillow mount go through those holes and you can attach nuts to them. I found this to be the easiest way. Now reattach the upper A-arm and such and your done.

Top Bottom