Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tire Question 255/45/20

GrundleBear

Reaction score
Im buying new tires for my 20"s...I didnt really care for the ride quality on 255/35/20. Im thinking of going 255/45/20 and I have an SOS drop...wondering first if the ride quality would be noticeably any different and also if there would be any rubbing issue

thebenmack

Reaction score
you should be good to go. its only gonna be about another inch of rubber.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Im buying new tires for my 20"s...I didnt really care for the ride quality on 255/35/20. Im thinking of going 255/45/20 and I have an SOS drop...wondering first if the ride quality would be noticeably any different and also if there would be any rubbing issue

I can't speak to the rubbing, I just don't know. The ride quality will probably be better. However that's gonna be a lot of tire. You are going to be 2" taller than stock. 255/45 is the exact same sidewall height as stock. If you're running it on a 20 as compared to an 18 there's your 2". I'd be very weary about adding that much rotational mass. Our brakes aren't great to begin with. It's recommended to stay within 3% of OEM overall diameter. That new tire will be nearly 7% larger than stock. I personally wouldn't do it.

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

Top Bottom