Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tires???

pinktaco

Reaction score
so what are some good tires that last lng cheap good for the price etc etc etc

livinginsa

Reaction score
I have heard that the Pirelli P Zero Nero tires are great, great performance and will get a lot of miles before they wear out.

I had the Praxis. They were terrible.

Now, I have the Bridgestone RE070; one would have thought that I would have learned that Bridgestone tires are no good. This is the second time that I have bought Bridgestones (made by Firestones). I thought they might have improved over the years, tricked me, again. REO70 handled well for the first few thousand miles but here it is a year later and they turned to trash.

Nitto Invos are popular here, and I have heard good things about them.

rich017

Reaction score
I have heard that the Pirelli P Zero Nero tires are great, great performance and will get a lot of miles before they wear out.

I had the Praxis. They were terrible.

Now, I have the Bridgestone RE070; one would have thought that I would have learned that Bridgestone tires are no good. This is the second time that I have bought Bridgestones (made by Firestones). I thought they might have improved over the years, tricked me, again. REO70 handled well for the first few thousand miles but here it is a year later and they turned to trash.

Nitto Invos are popular here, and I have heard good things about them.

Bridgestones sucks. Dont bother

The Nitto Invo's are expensive and will not last long. Tires for these trucks are not cheap so be prepared to spend around $700 for just tires. For cheap tires that will last long and are decent look into the riken Raptor that are directional and I have seen the Nexen tires in person and they looked well made.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Need to let us know what your price range is bud, for some cheap is sub $1000 others $500.. You will get a better response if you fill us in:top:

LilRed

Reaction score
mi_pilot_sport.jpg

This is what I ended up going with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S from Sam's club. They were about $1400, but they come with a 50,000 warranty. They are not exactly HIGH performance but they will do the job for a long time. I haven't really put them though a lot of stress but they have yet to loose any traction while turning any corners and they grip WAY better than the stock Bridge's.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I'd have to go with Federals too. Problem you have is that you live in Hawaii. So any tire will be expensive. You might be better off ordering them online and just paying the shipping. Might come out a little cheaper.

rich017

Reaction score

burnboy

Reaction score
The sumitomo htrz3 is a great tire. Won't last long and get slick after about 10000 miles but for a hundred bucks a tire what more do you want? Pay for what you get

rich017

Reaction score
The sumitomo htrz3 is a great tire. Won't last long and get slick after about 10000 miles but for a hundred bucks a tire what more do you want? Pay for what you get

The tires I listed above will last over 30K easily. Unless you drive like an idiot everywhere and never rotate your tires

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score

These are all GREAT prices, but unfortunately he is going to end up paying $200 and up for shipping to Hawaii. You still save money, but really, not that much.

rich017

Reaction score
These are all GREAT prices, but unfortunately he is going to end up paying $200 and up for shipping to Hawaii. You still save money, but really, not that much.

That is the crappy part... Shipping to here in Orlando is $85.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
That is the crappy part... Shipping to here in Orlando is $85.

I moved here to Vegas. I got four new Invos from Discount Tire and they price matched an online site. They charged me $40 for shipping for all four! I would NEVER get that kind of deal from Hawaii.

rich017

Reaction score
I moved here to Vegas. I got four new Invos from Discount Tire and they price matched an online site. They charged me $40 for shipping for all four! I would NEVER get that kind of deal from Hawaii.

yeah, we usually price match online stores if it is reasonable. Mostly the more expensive tires

AFP520

Reaction score
BFG KDW's or KDW2's are very nice for the cost.

poki

Reaction score
I went with the BFG KDW's from Costco. Cost was around $850 with the $70 off sale. You have to wait about 2 weeks for delivery since it is a special order item. Very happy with the tires.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Just remember your life rides on them

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
Hankook Venti V12's ... Cheaper than the Potenzas and WAYYYY better, I have had them on for over 10K and they still grip better, then the Potenzas when they were brand new. Shifting in Second there is no chirp with the Hankooks :adore:

Top Bottom