Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

To early, but a kill anyways.

Yallrun

Reaction score
Was on my normal route to work around 5:30 am, was on hwy 6 going through addicks reservoir bridge. That's a long stretch off road and that early no one around. Had this new Dakota body style run up next to me, we were doing about 60. Runs up gets dead even with me, honks 3 times and he take off. I didn't bite, he took off and the Dakota noise on the kick down sounded good, but he wasn't making to much progress pulling away. Saw his brake lights go on and he slow back next to me. I was thinking if that's all he has, this is not a problem. Empty road ok if this guy does it again I'm dusting his a$$. Yep here he goes with the honks, 3rd honk I up shift to 5th (should have gone 4th) and ease on the gas. I pull away with no prob, got about 2-3 links on him and when I hit the bridge to over I-10 I was around 100. He gets off for I-10 as I go over the bridge. I just thougt it was funny, all the raor from his exhaust, but no pull.

With that being said, Wow the X has got some pull on the top end. I knew it was there, but never thought it was like that. Somewhere around 3-4k RPM like a power band kicked. :laugh:

SX TOY

Reaction score
ya we don't really making good power till around 3300 or so that is why I am swapping in higher rear gears to jack the rpms some

nine9six

Reaction score
Nice. I know they can be made to be quick, but for some reason, I hate Dakota's.

5000XD

Reaction score
The kicking is our VTEC man :laugh:

Was it a V8? I always love it when they are loud and just sit there and can't pull for shit lol.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That a way to start the morning. Well done.

Top Bottom