Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Toning exhaust down

05H0TWHEELS

Reaction score
hey just installed some long tubes on my truck and i have a 14' magnaflow and its way too loud, should i add the urd turbo muffler before the magnaflow? get a longer exhaust? i dunno, i just dont want to get pulled over and get my hood popped, i dont care much of the sound, just performance, so i dont care really if it sounds stockish, any ideas out there? thanx guys

zrgray

Reaction score
The turbo muffler is very quiet at idle, it does start to get louder as you increase rpm's though. I like how it sounds. I wouldn't run both mufflers though, it will deff give you the stock sound and don't really know what it would do for performance... I would bet that it wouldn't help any.

Yallrun

Reaction score
Get a 20 or a 24" magaflow strait through and call it good. It will tone it down and with the strait through you wont sacrifice much power. :top:

Murderface

Reaction score
I had this same issue. I had the same setup u have now and replaced the magnaflow with a (URD) dynomax super turbo quiet muffler. It sounds awesome, better then what the magna sounded like.

I wouldn't put 2 mufflers on there unless u put an aftermarket Y pipe on ur truck, then you'll need to tone it down.

Search the exhaust thread and listen to all the different setups and choose for urself:top:

Top Bottom