Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Toons Turbo build thread

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It really makes me wonder how much power it makes with no turbo? Then after at whichever psi. Maybe we could get them to do a "base" run with no spring in the wastegate? o_O I don't wven know if that will keep it from making boost, although 99% sure it will. Might see one psi or something.

Then put the spring in and see what it does. As long as you get a stable boost-less first pull, then it would be a neat comparison. That way you would get some idea of how much you make "stock".

That would be cool.

X-roller

Reaction score
It really makes me wonder how much power it makes with no turbo? Then after at whichever psi. Maybe we could get them to do a "base" run with no spring in the wastegate? o_O I don't wven know if that will keep it from making boost, although 99% sure it will. Might see one psi or something.

Then put the spring in and see what it does. As long as you get a stable boost-less first pull, then it would be a neat comparison. That way you would get some idea of how much you make "stock".

That would be cool.

wouldn't that create open boost? since the spring is what keeps the plunger from opening but also closes it when it drops below that psi level.... I think that would create a massive exhaust leak as well since the plunger would be kicked open and stay open.

Maybe i'm just tired. :laugh:

Toon714

Reaction score

That would be cool.

haha i would do that. but i just wanna have a tune already. so i can finnaly have boost again.
iono how u did it mark and drove around with no boost for 4months....
1 month without and its killing me. lol
just waiting for pro efi to email me back.....
ready to buy just waiting for them to make me my flying lead harness. :top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Schwiiiiiiing! Hell yeah that is good news! I am starting to get excited about the number potential. Then when you drive up to the December PZ meet, you will actually be able to tell people how much power it makes. Fiiiiiinally.

I have the patience of a tortoise. The goal is already attained. The journey offers time reflection and contemplation.

Grumpy

Reaction score
I have the patience of a tortoise. The goal is already attained. The journey offers time reflection and contemplation.

Did you someone say tortoise? o_O

Before you can become Blastoise, Squirtle . . . first you must transform into Wartortle. :eek:ld:
Squirtle_Wartortle_Blastoise_by_MCsaurus.jpg

Toon714

Reaction score
today i was calling around for install and tuning to see how much itll cost to get the pro efi into my truck.
1 place quoted me 7k! lol for ecm and harness and tune it will cost 7k! they told me " kuz my truck is a custom turbo tacoma and it will take alot of time and work to get it running with the pro efi. " LOL sounds like a rip off. and they trying to milk me. when i know powerfab will do it for a fraction of the cost. :top: and marks truck is already tuned by powerfab with the pro efi. just wanted to share that kuz i thought it was funny to get quoted 7k for ecm and harness made and tuned. :lloyd:

and today i installed my led light bulbs for my reverse, map, dome, and license plate.
thx to slayor for the bulb size.
cartoon714
[/URL][/IMG]
cartoon714
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
today i was calling around for install and tuning to see how much itll cost to get the pro efi into my truck.
1 place quoted me 7k! lol for ecm and harness and tune it will cost 7k! they told me " kuz my truck is a custom turbo tacoma and it will take alot of time and work to get it running with the pro efi. " LOL sounds like a rip off. and they trying to milk me. when i know powerfab will do it for a fraction of the cost. :top: and marks truck is already tuned by powerfab with the pro efi. just wanted to share that kuz i thought it was funny to get quoted 7k for ecm and harness made and tuned. :lloyd:

and today i installed my led light bulbs for my reverse, map, dome, and license plate.
thx to slayor for the bulb size.
cartoon714
[/URL][/IMG]
cartoon714
[/URL][/IMG]

Some times it's tha small touches... :blurock:, NICE

Toon714

Reaction score
got good news from pro efi today!
they said i can use the pro efi 48.
ima make my payment on monday. so hopefully i will have my flying lead harness made and a few lil stuff.
so im hoping 2nd week of dec i will recieve all my stuff and take it to powerfab to get installed and tuned.
finally i can see some boost again! :rockon:
so basically i will ahve my truck back before xmas and will have a nice present for myself! some boost!

melon16

Reaction score
if they can get this kit right I may just have to sell the Duramax and find me another taco to widebody like the old one and get a snail in her!

butters607

Reaction score
sweeeeeet dude this is way overdue cant wait to see the numbers this little monster has!!!!!

Toon714

Reaction score
if they can get this kit right I may just have to sell the Duramax and find me another taco to widebody like the old one and get a snail in her!

i have no doubts that this front mount. will make good power. :top:
i have faith in powerfab and there fabricator. once its tuned in we will all know how worthy this kit will be. :smile:

sweeeeeet dude this is way overdue cant wait to see the numbers this little monster has!!!!!

yes sir it is way over due! :laugh:
but time is getting closer to the day i will finally be tuned.
was a lil rough going down this route. but everything seems to run fine in vaccum now.
just need to get another maf sensor and im good to go tune this bytch! :rockon:

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Once that sucker is tuned, it will be track time. I know you will get some good times with that auto. It is going to be fast!

Toon714

Reaction score
Only update I have is I paid for the ecu already. So just a matter of time for pro efi to make my flying lead harness and firmware for the truck. So hopefully in a week or 2 I should have it. :)

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh oh.....I am starting to get excited now. For real this time!

Get that maf sensor! :p

Toon714

Reaction score
Haha. Ya im in the progress to buy 1 from a kind member. He pm me earlier today. :)

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
must get done faster, stoked to see how it turns out man.

Top Bottom