Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

top speed

willieshotg3

Reaction score
i had no load on the dyno and the gearing tops out at 159 mph in an x runner the fastest i hit with load was 130 at the top of fith gear.

truck also dynoed out at 333 ft lbs and 253 hp

have a urd cai and the c2c headers with a tune

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Those numbers almost are preety good, the tq is unbelievable, the speed govenor kicks in a 124mph, if you bypass this it will go higher

Last edited:

nctourer

Reaction score
Nice numbers for the money.:top: About half the gain of a S/C for a quarter the cost.

willieshotg3

Reaction score
all numbers are right. i put a switch on my govener wire. i go to ranken tech for high performance raceing tech and we reset the dyno becaus we thought the numbers were off and we came up with the same
numbers. it is on a mustang dyno

nctourer

Reaction score
all numbers are right. i put a switch on my govener wire. i go to ranken tech for high performance raceing tech and we reset the dyno becaus we thought the numbers were off and we came up with the same
numbers. it is on a mustang dyno
did yo get a baseline dyno before the mods??

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
It is probably actually possible to go past 124mph in the 05+ Taco's as long as the front wheels arent moving at 124mph or higher.

On Auto RX8's there is a speed governor at 125mph, as you can see in this video with the car jacked up it exceeded 125mph.

[youtube]_m1qwY5lX3g[/youtube]

Oh yeah, nice #'s! Especially the torque!

08 X-Runner

Reaction score
My 08' bone stock run 125 when i let off and it was still going. No speed limiter as far as i could see. Are those dyno numbers to the wheels with only headers, intake, and a tune? Who did the tune?

rexrunner

Reaction score
front wheels off wont matter beaceuse it uses the vss located in the tranny :top:

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
front wheels off wont matter beaceuse it uses the vss located in the tranny :top:

VSS?

My question is, if its located in the tranny or on the rear wheels. Then why doesnt it cut it off at 125mph?

It should be located on the front wheels since it is not cutting it off?

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
I know for the xr it's on the tranny/rear... Just do a burn out and see the speedo fly up.

My 08' bone stock run 125 when i let off and it was still going. No speed limiter as far as i could see. Are those dyno numbers to the wheels with only headers, intake, and a tune? Who did the tune?

The limiter is at 127. You never got to it.

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
I know for the xr it's on the tranny/rear... Just do a burn out and see the speedo fly up.

Well even if the Speedometer reads off the rear wheels it doesnt mean it hits the limiter because the guy went over that on the dyno.

I think you are thinkin something different than what I am talking about. :dontknow:

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Simplex Effect, did you miss this in Willies last post??

This mod is what allowed Willie to run past 127mph.
Cheers.

Nah, I didnt miss it but I forgot about it.

I still think you could go over the limiter with the front wheels standing still as I have seen it done on many cars.

Prove me wrong. lol

Top Bottom