Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Those bottom two are going to pop off his peter.....lol

Toon714

Reaction score
Ahahah. Thats guy looks like an ogre from world of warcraft...

Yallrun

Reaction score
Whoa Torspd, just stopped in to see what's going on. I see you've had allot going on bro. Wow had to go back 50 pages to get caught up. I'm thinking if that 1GR goes boom again, it's LS time. :)

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Good to hear form ya man!

Yeah, I keep trecking forward. :) Like I had mentioned before, I didn't ever expect the JB weld to last. I was just very happy it lasted for the time that it did because it gave me the time to build my turbo kit, and prove some things for myself as well as others. Plus, it made my truck really fun to drive.

End result, is that one day I can get together what I need to possibly sell these things. That would be great!

I do have a question, that I hope might be able to get resolved here.

Do to how the Dakota Digital box works, correct me if I am wrong, but does it intercept the speed signal before it goes into the ECU?

I have looked over the T56 instructions that Blackx-runner sent to me, but it has been a while since that time, and this idea of mine popped up on the way home today.

If it does intercept the signal, does it affect the RPM signal as well? Mainly because if it does, then that would affect the VVT-i.

For that matter, does the RPM signal get messed with at all by the install of the T56?

Background info: ProEFI has not yet been able to map out the throttle body for the 1GR yet. Due to me being here and them being there. Plus I have yet to find one at a reasonable price used, to be able to send to them. So, without them being able to map it out on the voltage scale, my stock ecu still has control over the throttle body. That means that when the OEM speed cut is hit, my TB gets closed, and no more acceleration.

My idea: If the above questions answer accordingly, then I should be able to adjust the Dakota Digital settings, to where the speed the OEM ECU sees is slower than the actual speed. Then I would be able to go faster than the OEM speed cut. Very loosly similar to when I had large tires and my speedo was way slower than actual speed.

Thought???

Last edited:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
I've been looking for a TB for you and no luck so far at the yards over here. I'm still looking out for ya.

sparkys tacoma

Reaction score
With the speed signal either a modified 4wave or a 8wave kinda like a sin wave all you have to do is plug it into the Dakota and it'll blow right through the Dakota and into the ECM. You can also pick up a signal off of the ABS module red wire with yellow stripe I believe it's pin 13 and take that into the ECM as you have smaller tires so your going slower than with large tires. But with that method you'll probably throw a code as rpm gain won't match speed gain. As far as TB voltage T in a volt meter and measure the pedal gain and record the meter on camera and send the video to them. It'll be kinda like ok qtr half 3/4 and wot as you record.

Sorry. That's vise off of abs. If you had larger tires. My bad.

But maybe with gear change???

Last edited:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I don't know how it works, but it does nothing with RPM signal. I was having a connection issue when I first wired mine and when it happened my speedo would drop to 0 and not register at all, but the tach still read just fine. I don't know if it was effecting anything with the VVTi, or if that was the actual signal the ECU was seeing as well.

You need a stock 1gr throttle body? I have one off a tundra with a 1gr, I don't know if its the same, but I assume it would be. If I can get it back when you're done its yours to use.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I should have realized earlier about the rpm signal. I am pretty sure it gets that off of the crank sensor. I could be wrong about the specific sensor, but it is one off of the motor, and independant of the speed signal.

Being that, i hope that the Dakota Digital box is before the ECU, so the ECU sees the signal that you tell it by adjustments.

Aside from that, I would really appreciate borrowing your throttle body. And yes, of course, i would return it as soon as they finish with it.

Could you do a quick check, and see if it plugs into your truck's throttle body connector? That would rule out if it will work or not before you ship it.

sparkys tacoma

Reaction score
Mark if you have a manual combo meter it switches the signal from a 4wave to an 8wave so the ECM can read it. Auto just goes right in. But here is the sequence. Trans pick up (manual) or abs (auto) To combo meter where it is cleaned and filtered and fed into ECM. Where it makes it's adjustments.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. I do not have that.

No worries. With the throttle body, all problems will be sloved. :D

sparkys tacoma

Reaction score
Do not have what? Combo meter. That is fairly key in making stock ECM work. Also did you paint your truck.

Or is that someone else truck as your avatar?

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
My avatar on this screen, or when you select my name and go to my specific page?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
One of the newest mods. Help solve a small vibration issue with the hood. ;)

IMAG0011.jpg

On this screen. A silver taco.

The picture I see is the one I have had since I first got on the forum. A 3/4 view of my truck lifted. Black.

Last edited:

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
I've been debating those as well, I always feel like mine is just going to pop up at anytime and smash my roof in lol.

I like the passwordjdm ones, they come with a good install kit.

Top Bottom