Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Toyota Alarm Question

XRunnerDevil07

The black rocket scientist mac guy
Reaction score
Didn't know where to really put this at so i put in off topic. I've noticed this for awhile that some vehicles have this beeping sound of there alarm when its unlocking/locking the vehicle. What type of alarm is this because it seems like it's not available on tacomas. I really want that one and i'm sure the dealership could install it on a tacoma they just don't want to because their being lazy....maybe the ol' "Super Moderator" knows. I don't know when that got changed but interesting none the lest....:hmmmm2:

Anyways, if anyone has the part # of the alarm or whatever if there is one so I can have them find it and install it I would appreciate it. Plus I like that sound instead of some annoying Viper alarm all loud and s*%^...Just give me the regular beeping sound and i'll be happy.

Oh i've heard it on a few lexus's too. But we all know toyota/lexus same thing.

Thanks ahead of time for your help guys.

COWBELL

Reaction score
The keyless entry beep? Mine has it, but not sure how to get yours to do it.
Now I am wondering where my beep comes from when i press the fob:smile:

joman

Reaction score
The keyless entry beep? Mine has it, but not sure how to get yours to do it.
Now I am wondering where my beep comes from when i press the fob:smile:

yeah mine doesn't beep the horn honks...=( i hate it...

SSSXR

Reaction score
ya mine has has it. i think they started putting them on 09 tacomas and up. its not really an alarm, it still has the standard alarm. its just a keyless entry think letting you know your doors are locked (1 beep) or unlocked (2 beeps)

its the same for a few other toyota models

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
Mine doesn't do anything, I hate it. I wish I could get a beep or horn or a "Hey mother****er it's locked now".

nine9six

Reaction score
Yeah at first I liked the silent lock, but now I hate it. Have to get visual confirmation of the locking every time...

jmoore120

Reaction score
My headlights come on when I lock or unlock my truck. Wish I could turn that off though.

XRunnerDevil07

The black rocket scientist mac guy
Reaction score
ahhhh well i called the stealership, guy was actually real nice. He told me that mine is "mute" is what he said which it has been silenced so you don't hear it, you just get te flashing lights and nothing else, and the door lock/unlock of course. But he said if you want the beep like I do so i have some piece of mind with the thing. Take it in, guy said they won't charge me anything for it. It's just a simple fix that takes prolly about 20-25 mins he said. So excellent, come this tomorrow i'll have the alarm beep mod. :rockon:

had to search for that one

08x

Reaction score
i no mine has the upgrade kit which mite be wat you guys need

Stevenredx

Reaction score
ahhhh well i called the stealership, guy was actually real nice. He told me that mine is "mute" is what he said which it has been silenced so you don't hear it, you just get te flashing lights and nothing else, and the door lock/unlock of course. But he said if you want the beep like I do so i have some piece of mind with the thing. Take it in, guy said they won't charge me anything for it. It's just a simple fix that takes prolly about 20-25 mins he said. So excellent, come this tomorrow i'll have the alarm beep mod. :rockon:

had to search for that one

So, did he get you fixed up? I'm willing to bet he didn't unless you already had the alarm. The beep is from the "added" alarm upgrade that's offered under two different names depending on what region your in. The basic stock keyless entry that comes on the truck will not beep without the added alarm module. Not to sure about the 09's tho.

thebenmack

Reaction score
yeah the whole eying it up from across the parking lot gets really old.its not bad at night but during the day you can hang it up.i would love a beep

Top Bottom