Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toyota just replaced my tranny

thebenmack

Reaction score
took my x back to the shop on thursday to have a recurring problem fixed...squeak... squeak.lol. an they said they had the goahead to replaced the tranny so i left it there.apparently they realized the problem that causes the noise, it was the old steel clutch fork and the new one is graphit and it should fix the problem. BASICALLY TOYOTA IS GIVING AWAY FREE TRANNYS . if your having this problem take it in.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Thanks bro for the heads up. I may have to go check this out.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Im going in this upcoming week then if thats the case :biggrin:

DBL-BD

Reaction score
Hellz yeah! They swapped mine out a few weeks ago cuz of a fifth gear grind, no questions asked. Gotta take it back again tho cuz now the throw out bearing sounds like a helicopter.
Good luck man! Glad to hear it went smooth for ya

thebenmack

Reaction score
yeah i also had the 5th gear grind too

:top:you should also know that the new tranny operates better than it did when it was new:top:

Last edited:

bdr1979

Reaction score
I'm having the 5th gear grind issue also. i'm gonna talk to my local toyota dealer and see what they say

Thanks for the info guys:top:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
you got a copy of the receipt you got from toyota saying what work they did?

05 X

Reaction score
I'm scheduled for 1/2 a tranny replacement on Tuesday - hopefully it has the graphite fork. Also, new T/O bearing too (3rd one so far).

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
half a tranny replacement? how do they replace half the tranny?

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
I wish it was that easy for me! I've had to pay for one tranny and the T/O noise is nutz sounds like my truck is falling apart!

mrguy33391

Reaction score
Hey dj, how much did they charge you for out of pocket tranny replacement??

rios

Reaction score
so you had the squeak, and they replaced the tranny?

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
Hey dj, how much did they charge you for out of pocket tranny replacement??

Well I couldn't afford the $4,000 I was quoted at 3 diffrent places! Found a used one out of a wrecked truck for $1,200 and then another $400 to get it put in! The old one never had the squeek but the new has all the gears!

05 X

Reaction score
..they realized the problem that causes the noise, it was the old steel clutch fork and the new one is graphit and it should fix the problem.

Does anyone have the part number for the new Graphite Clutch Fork? My dealer is doing a great job and has approval to get the input shaft, T/O bearing, and gear syncros replaced, but corporate says there is no need to change the fork because the material is the same - cast iron. I don't want the squeek and wearing to return a third time.

Top Bottom