Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Toyota 'Stop Sale' on TRD Filters

Raversman

Banned
Reaction score
I purchased a TRD oil filter off of eBay and i got this email:

Thank you for your purchase and payment. There is a problem with your order, however. The factory has put a 'stop sale' code on these oil filters and all of our orders were canceled for undisclosed reasons. The factory does not state specifically what the problem may be but Toyota has stopped sale on them for now (my guess is a filter re-design). If you want to wait-it-out for a while to see if they are released or re-released (TRD is manufacturing a new style filter with a socket-head) that’s fine or I can refund your order in its entirely. Just let me know what you would like to do.

Thanks,

Scott

So now i cant get the filter i want.

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
OEM and Amsoil make great filters for the XR. I've been running OEM, but I think I'm switching next change :top:

Deathshadow knows a lot about Amsoil, but you can look it all up on their site too. (I'm sure you know this already)

Raversman

Banned
Reaction score
my question is are the independent sellers still selling these filters.

wshsbears

Reaction score
if toyota stopped selling them, its like the Razor cell phones, u don't want it. they're probably re-designing the filter so they don't wanna sell something that'll be different in 2 weeks. i would recommend getting a TCAI

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
This weekend i was gonna do my oil change and buy the TRD Oil Filter from dealer and now you post these toyota stops sale on the trd oil filter, what a perfect timing....

xrunner5-0

Reaction score
I have always run the OEM toyota filter with no problems, plus its cheaper.

jdoggy

Reaction score
haven't had any problems with running a Fram oil filter along with mobil one 0w 30 synthetic (fuel saver) oil. by the way it has worked for me. approx 3 more mpg...........................

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
if toyota stopped selling them, its like the Razor cell phones, u don't want it. they're probably re-designing the filter so they don't wanna sell something that'll be different in 2 weeks. i would recommend getting a TCAI
TCAI? doesnt that stand for "true cold air intake''? cuz the O.P. is talking about oil filters...
sorry your post kinda confused me.:dontknow:

and to the O.P. call a dealership, there may be an SB out about it. or atleast they may have an opion or educated guess as to why they stopped selling them. a stop sell doesn't mean a recall also.

quicky06

Reaction score
just an FYI wix has had problems with oil filters for the 1.8 liter toyota engines they are also used in some gm's. the fliters come apaart.. basicly the threads stay there and the filter blows off. my employer has had to buy 7 engines because of this.

dont know if its relevant

Vince77

Reaction score
Sounds like some sort of defect their trying to keep quiet. I always use wix anyway. :top:

x20Runner05

Reaction score
I use factory filters. There so many out there. But i wouldnt use fram on my car just heard many stories about the filters thats all.

MusTrd

Reaction score
I just had my first oil change and used a TRD oil filter. When I was emailing trdparts4u.com about it, he just told me they replaced that huge white TRD oil filter (PTR14-00000-07) due to "engine clearance issues" with the new black one (PTR43-00080) that is the same size as the OEM

Top Bottom