Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TPMS and safety check

songiuno

Reaction score
Is everybody here with aftermarket wheels running with working TPMS? I bought aftermarket TPMS with my wheels from tirerack.com right after I bought my '07 BSP and after a few months of getting them calibrated they stopped working (light came on). So I just ignored the light. I just found out (failed safety check) that as of last year can't pass if TPMS doesn't work. Lex Brodie tried scanning to make the system learn the sensors but won't scan. Tryna figure out what to do...

kayo808

Reaction score
I not running tpms in my rims and my light is on. Idk why you wouldnt pass saftey just cuz of the light. Try another place where did you go to get saftey?

songiuno

Reaction score
No I sold the stockers and the stock sensors with them.

From what I was told at Goodyear, Servco and Lex Brodie, as of Sep 2011 if the vehicle comes with TPMS it must be working to pass safety inspection.

Lex sells cheaper TPMS sensors (rubber stem) so I'm going with them since they have to be able to make their sensor work with the ECU... what a scam, should be optional. Except for the newbies who don't know how to check tire pressure, who really needs them...

kayo808

Reaction score
Just desoder the light then it wont come on when you get saftey. Did you try any other place like a smaller shop instead of the big name ones?

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
Never heard of that before! Sucks, i would have kept the stock sensors but thats juust me

CBRBob

Reaction score
If you desolder the light, the computer still sends the code. There is a writeup on here somewhere how yo trick the computer into thinking the TPMS are all ok. You basically cut and ground a wire. by the glovebox.

I<3JDM

Reaction score
If you desolder the light, the computer still sends the code. There is a writeup on here somewhere how yo trick the computer into thinking the TPMS are all ok. You basically cut and ground a wire. by the glovebox.

If all else you still faill I think this is the better way to pass. You can always reconnect the wire. On my cousin's rsx I had to put a switch on the check engine light so I can turn it off to pass safty check. good luck man

kelson

Reaction score
change the gauge LED's and take out the TPMS LED. problem solved rofl.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Or you can just put black electrical tape behind it. They don't scan. They only look. When you get your new TPMS's, get PVC Pipe, and throw them inside it. Seal them off, and fill it to 35 psi. Seal it up, and throw it in one of your compartments in your bed. That should be good.

Also check your spare before anything.

songiuno

Reaction score
Just desoder the light then it wont come on when you get saftey. Did you try any other place like a smaller shop instead of the big name ones?

Actually I first went to a small Fastlube, then to Goodyear and the others.. I don't care to find some place that will pass me if not "legit" 'coz it's always an Easter egg hunt doing that.. used t do that years ago with another truck and for few years one place would always pass me then stop, then gotta g look for another. Pain in the butt.

Top Bottom