Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Traction Bar Fail

gregincali

Reaction score
Driving down the street after making a left turn i hear this grinding so I pull over to check it out and this is what I find. Kinda funny I was looking at them a couple weeks ago and noticed they were bent but didn't think much about it. Guss Ill be buyin some new ones.
IMG_0002-1.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Venomous_X

Reaction score
wow dude, just be glad it was a trac bar and not a leaf spring or two :thumpdown:

Gadget

Reaction score
There is a lot of stress when something like that binds up the suspension the way it does.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Time to get a better style it looks. That does suck though. Good thing you weren't going in reverse when it fell off.

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
that would have been funny for anyone watching... not him though!

ntinhri

Reaction score
Heard URD sells a much better trac bar.. I had those and upgraded..... Kinda nice not to bottom out when running these, but it wasnt nice for what it was ding for the travel....

I see you like KDW's too...

gregincali

Reaction score
Yeah thinking URD but I have a couple of other things on my list like Qa1s and the X-1

rich017

Reaction score
Just get some new brackets.

Mine bent because I was lowered and towing a boat and bottomed out really hard a few times. They never broke but they bent pretty bad so I just had a friend make me some new brackets. You can also get them from TTC for like 60 bucks

Jwall

Reaction score
ouch dude, sorry to hear that. better upgrade with the URD trac

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Just get some new brackets.

Mine bent because I was lowered and towing a boat and bottomed out really hard a few times. They never broke but they bent pretty bad so I just had a friend make me some new brackets. You can also get them from TTC for like 60 bucks

new brackets will just do the same thing. And if you have to pay for new brackets from TTC that would be a joke.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
that's no good... Def time to upgrade to higher quality, I've got the Cal-tracs, and they are down right amazing. :top:

Murderface

Reaction score
Wow I'm glad I never bought those shitty traction bars and instead bought the URD trac bar. Don't know how I missed this thread:hmmmm2:

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
There's a big flaw in that design. To much flex on the back plate, you can see it has been crack for some times. Call them and see if they will do something for you.

05 X

Reaction score
There's a big flaw in that design. To much flex on the back plate, you can see it has been crack for some times. Call them and see if they will do something for you.

Does anyone know if the back plates are offered in a stronger design? I'd like to reuse the same bars and front brackets if I can.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
i'd look at a different track bar altogether man. One that has R&D behind it and can actually handle the task.

05 X

Reaction score
i'd look at a different track bar altogether man. One that has R&D behind it and can actually handle the task.

Others have said that too. But for normal driving and to help in rain and snow, I may keep mine. If I can't get my transmission problems resolved this last year under warranty (7-year, 75,000 miles) I may have to get rid of my X.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Others have said that too. But for normal driving and to help in rain and snow, I may keep mine. If I can't get my transmission problems resolved this last year under warranty (7-year, 75,000 miles) I may have to get rid of my X.

Don't think they are going to help you much in the rain and snow... traction bars stop axle wrap which happens when you actually have traction. For "normal" driving you shouldn't need anything more than the stock suspension setup.

Top Bottom