Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Traction Bars

Which brand?

• URD

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • TTC

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters

XrunnIT

Reaction score
That type of design has not been around forever. You might be confusing it with the old slapper style that although very crude, works very well. It has a long moment arm and it is very effective.

Gadget

Slapper bars FTW!! :rock:

Long live summit traction bars :laugh:

As gadget had mentioned, the Caltrac/TTC style are good for acceleration, but not braking. When I finally get my traction bar i'm going to go with the URD design.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
So far, URD has a few ups over the TTC bars. Going to look at the Caltracs and see if there are any cons with them.

ntinhri

Reaction score
just pulled my TTC bars off.. Sittin sic drop.. they will be in the for sale section very soon.. just want to get some pics cause they are dirty and dont want anyone surprised..\\\\\\\\\\\

ps ill be ordering urd trac bar very soon!!

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
O snap i heard back in the day they were gonna stop making them:bird:

sorry...im an RR

Shanes56

Reaction score
haha

I to will be ordering the URD trac bar one of these days

Dallas

Reaction score
That type of design has not been around forever. You might be confusing it with the old slapper style that although very crude, works very well. It has a long moment arm and it is very effective.

Gadget

actually late 60s mustangs with the factory drag package had bars very similar to the TTC bars. Don't get me wrong, I like the design of the urd bar very much. and would have bought it, but the lead time was too long for me as there was no sceduled production run at the time.

Attachments

• TM-1069.jpg
    TM-1069.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

TheArkansas"X"

Reaction score
i have the TTC bars it was a really easy install i run royalpurple ($15.00/qt) i dont want to take a chance that my diff will leak. i think the two bars work better cause you have two wheels not one and with the LSD both tires will spin and will hop two bar just have better support. and i think they just look really good:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Attachments

• more truck pics 004.jpg
    more truck pics 004.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 96
  • poweder coated 005.jpg
    poweder coated 005.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 115

Coupe

Reaction score
actually late 60s mustangs with the factory drag package had bars very similar to the TTC bars. Don't get me wrong, I like the design of the urd bar very much. and would have bought it, but the lead time was too long for me as there was no sceduled production run at the time.

Try early 60's Mustangs. This was an option on 65/66 Shelbys.

The URD design was also used on Vega, Monza and I believe 3th generation Camaros. I believe GM called it a torque arm. There was a channel that attached to the transmission to the rear end. There was no slip joint it was bolted at both ends.

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
Simply put the TTC Dual Trac Bars are the ONLY production traction bars that were built from the ground up specifically for the X-Runner. We have sold almost 50 sets over the past year with no complaints from any of our customers. Obviously everyone will have an opinion as to which suits their needs best, but at the end of the day all that matters is keeping rubber on the ground. :top::top:

Tapp

Reaction score
Try early 60's Mustangs. This was an option on 65/66 Shelbys.

The URD design was also used on Vega, Monza and I believe 3th generation Camaros. I believe GM called it a torque arm. There was a channel that attached to the transmission to the rear end. There was no slip joint it was bolted at both ends.

yea..so i was right..60's is forever for me..i wasnt even thought of yet..LOL

no offense to any older guys out there!!:top:

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
I would like to see some pictures of the URD bar installed. If anyone has any pics, or can takes pics, please do and post them in this thread.

Coupe

Reaction score
yea..so i was right..60's is forever for me..i wasnt even thought of yet..LOL

no offense to any older guys out there!!:top:

No offense taken. By the way I have cars older than you....

TheArkansas"X"

Reaction score
:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Attachments

• more truck pics 004.jpg
    more truck pics 004.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 75
  • poweder coated 005.jpg
    poweder coated 005.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 80
  • poweder coated 006.jpg
    poweder coated 006.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 77
  • poweder coated 002.jpg
    poweder coated 002.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 80

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
Simply put the TTC Dual Trac Bars are the ONLY production traction bars that were built from the ground up specifically for the X-Runner. We have sold almost 50 sets over the past year with no complaints from any of our customers. Obviously everyone will have an opinion as to which suits their needs best, but at the end of the day all that matters is keeping rubber on the ground. :top::top:

I wouldn't say thats entirely true...

They both do what they are designed to do, so what does it matter? TTC fits the X and so does the URD Trac bar...therefore both are engineered for the X.

but thats just my $.02.

WCD

Reaction score
I'm trying to remember if I've experienced axle wrap under hard braking. Maybe I have, but I don't think I've ever felt it. What you want are bars that hold the wheels down when you floor it.
For my money, if I needed a traction bar, I'd get the URD one.

Top Bottom