Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

traded...

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
after 4 years of ownership, 20k miles later, and with a heavy heart...it was time to say farewell to the lady...ive owned her since 12 miles on the odo and have never regreted one minute...i traded up (or down...depends on how you look at it lol) for a 2011 wrx (with again...12 miles on the odo LOL)...now you might be thinking...why...BUT my reason for trading in was room...believe it or not...the subie actually has more cab space than the xr not to mention a middle seat belt...right out of the box...this car stock feels faster than my truck with cai, header, ypipe, exhaust...i opted for the wrx over the sti...because its 10k (or round about) cheaper plus this year it comes wide body already like the sti...not to mention most of the parts that the sti has that the wrx does not...i dont plan on using to its potential anyways with the exception of suspension but im already on the hunt for a good set of coilovers for this platform...if anyone knows help me out lol...

i will definately stick around even though i do not post much anymore...FOR THE SIMPLE FACT that...this is the best website dedicated to a certain craft i have ever been to...tons of useful info on anything dealing with the 1gr and other misc stuff...i DO still have my 08 4runner ;)

Coupe

Reaction score
Good Luck with the new ride.

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
nice, always had a interest in wrx/sti. Hope you stay around bro :top:

kenneth206

Reaction score
That's funny, I was going to get an STI but decided on the XR instead...for more room. But in the back for my Ampeg 8x10 bass cab :)

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
i will definately miss the xr...its such an awesome truck...turns a lot of heads...epscially right after a wash and wax LOL...the only thing now...im on the hunt for a opala (rubbish) truck lol...cant be going to the dump in my car ;)

XDsm

Reaction score
Congrats and nice choice:top: My reasons were similar to yours, needed the space. The WRX is no slouch and the 2011 WRX is actually a tad bit quicker to 60 than the 2010 STi was. Subaru underrated the WRX so it wouldn't pose as much competition to the STi. That's not to say the STi is equal to the WRX, you do get a lot more for the money with the STi but unless you do track days it's not worth it IMO. With low 13 sec 1/4s and 0-60 in 4.7 seconds the WRX is one quick daily driver 4-door. Add a tune and you are really moving:rockon: Now you get to enjoy the 1k mile break in.

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
i DO NOT enjoy the 1k mile break in lol...im barely at 50 miles...and yes i also been hearing a lot of the wrx's being quicker from 0-60...i think its due to more of (like you said) subaru trying to creat a gap between the wrx and sti trim levels and also the trany...wrx is one less shift...

my friend has a 10 sti and i let him test drive mine...he also said that my car feels quicker to 60...i like to think of it as wrx being a fast everyday car...and the sti being a fast specialty car (track and auto x)...

i dont plan on doing a lot to it...my plan as of right now looks like (megan coilovers, varrstoen 2.2.1 18x9 +22, cobb dp, access port, short shifter and wet okoles) then im gonna call it a day...not gonna get into heavy modding of this car...i think my list is gonna be just right

Scarface

Reaction score
Congratulations on the new ride. Some pics would be nice.

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
honda?? hahaha...ill never sleep with the enemy ;)

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I have a buddy with 2010 STI, it burned through 4 quarts of oil in under a month. He did the 1500 mile break in, after that, he did beat the snot out of it. he ended up 30 miles from his house, with no oil and rod knock. we were at a car meet, so between all of our spare quarts and such, we got him underway...followed him home, his car sounded about 10x worse then a XR T/o bearing...

replaced under warranty thankfully.... Check your oil regularly. :top:

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
nice to know...thanks for the info...subarus is new to me...dont know a whole lot about the platform...i do know that im not gonna be driving like i stole it lol...i like the power and will probably get on it every now and again just to feel boost...but honestly im kinda like a granny driver LOL...

edit: when its sunny out tomorrow...ill snap a few pics...its that gunmetal color with gunmetal colored rims lol...

Xtacy

Reaction score
You have the same taste as me when it comes to vehicles. I still own my X but at the same time I wanted a new subie wrx or sti. I just got done paying off the X finally and been thinking bout getting something else....good luck w your new ride!

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Congrats! I like the 2011 WRX's because they have the wide body kit now....especially the hatchbacks

edit: when its sunny out tomorrow...ill snap a few pics...its that gunmetal color with gunmetal colored rims lol...
It's tomorrow!!! Where's the pics?:biggrin:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
FYI, not hating on Subies....My dream car was a 2004 STi...:biggrin:

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
hmmmm...i totally forgot to post pics LOL...my bad...its been a month and a couple weeks since ive had this car...i think i have a couple more things i would like to do then ill stop messing with it... so far ive added

tint 5% all around
kartboy short shifter with shifter bushing and tranny bushing
raz0 480g weighted shift knob
perrin drop in air filter
cobb accessport with stage 1 perrin tune
jdm subaru window vents
oem fog lights
sti finishers
wet okoles front and rear
5k hid from TRS

DSC01647.jpg

DSC01642.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

my next mods are gonna be
rims (5zigen zr+520)
lowering (megan coilovers)
and exhaust (nameless performance)

but thats not gonna be till later...in the process of buying a house right now...and cant be spending money friviously LOL...

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
Congrats, on the new ride bro! You know I know how much the XR will be missed but at least you still got the 4R :top:

83cruiser

Reaction score
nice subi, those are almost slipping into the "grocery getter" category (but still safely outside it)

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
update

11/25 update

so i recieved a few of my packages yesterday and went to installing the invidia q300, and the aem cai...i also recieved the grimspeed license plate relocator, oem subaru led lightwell footing, and oem subaru car cover and bag

the catback took a couple hours because putting a catback on by yourself is no fun especially when you want to get the tips lined up evenly...the cai went in pretty smoothly and lastly was just getting the car tuned up to cobb stage 1+...

took it out for a drive last night and as soon as i started it up...i instantly fell in love with the subie rumble...the car feels a lot stronger that how it was with just a stock stage 1 tune...when boost hits you get pushed into your seat...an overall different feel at stock stage 1 levels...the exhaust is very low and hollow in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear and tapers off when the rpms start to rise...which is what i like beacause its not over bearing and no drone like symptoms...the aem cai is hardly audible because the q300 drowns it out...but when you get on it you definately hear the surging whoosh sound...right now im peaked at 16.5lbs with normal wastegate duties...without pushing it hard...overall i am very impressed and it was money well spent...

i bought the invidia powpipe and forge bypass valve (should be here early next week) because i figured might as well just get stage 2 out of the way...but i was so impressed with just this stage 1+ setup that im gonna drive it like this for a bit...as far as future plans...there are only a few more mods that im looking at then thats it...sti brembo kit, process west tmic, and rims...

i have pics but im posting from my iphone and will post them up when i get them uploaded ;)

Top Bottom