Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Trading X, it's just time for my family

Yallrun

Reaction score
Well after about a year of needing a family ride and all the for sale and part outs going on, My X is going to the dealer today for a possible trade on a family truckster. Watching my 16 and my 7 year old getting in and out of the back seat of the X, it's just telling me what I should do. I love my X but this is for my wife and kids. I won’t let my X go with out a fight, if they want a deal, they will pay for it. It's a buyers market right now the dealerships are hurting. My wife said in about 6 months if I wanted another truck I can trade her car. It will probably be a Tundra Crew Max or a Taco Prerunner with 4 real doors. Reason for trading the X and not her car is because the X has a ton more equity then her car. I need to get the payments low enough on this new vehicle so in about 6 months I can get me another truck and be able to pick up another note. I'm also kicking around the idea of a project truck, some with a carburetor so I can do all the work myself. I remember when I could rebuild and mod a Holley like it’s nobody’s business. lol

I'll still be trolling around XRU, I think I would have withdraws if I didn't come in here 2-3 times a day. It a great community!

I'll let you guys know what I find today.

Going to look at:
Camry SE V6 w/ Leather
Wife wants:
Nissan Maxima or Altima w/ Leather V6 SE or SL.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Damnn John, not you too. You're doing the right thing though, with growing family and all. Not all life choices are easy. Congrats on that front. Tundra 5.7 + TRD S/C is quite a beast I hear :cough: :cough: :wink: :wink:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
I like the Camry... good luck at the stealership

Yallrun

Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys. The X is a special truck. Another Toyota Truck is in my future, I love em. Your Right Gumps, I'm drooling over the 5.7 Tundy ever since they came out. The X kind of derailed me from that purchase back in 07 :)

RedX they have a few Camry SE V6 down the street at the dealer, they get right on the deal and I could be in one today. Unless my wife really wants to go test out the Maxima or the Altima. :| I've driven a few of those, they are alright I guess. Camry SE V6 is pretty fast, that is what I like.

Last edited:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
my chick has an Altima the 4 banger model...and its got more than enough power let alone tons of room for our family...:top: the Maxima is a full size and will give you passenger more leg room not to mention it has more bells and whistles than the Altima...

either way bro you doing the right thing for your family...as hard as it is to do it...it'll be worth it in the end and your doing it for the right reasons...

good luck on the trade-in/sale...and keep us posted on what your new family ride will be...

Yallrun

Reaction score
my chick has an Altima the 4 banger model...and its got more than enough power let alone tons of room for our family...:top: the Maxima is a full size and will give you passenger more leg room not to mention it has more bells and whistles than the Altima...

either way bro you doing the right thing for your family...as hard as it is to do it...it'll be worth it in the end and your doing it for the right reasons...

good luck on the trade-in/sale...and keep us posted on what your new family ride will be...

the maximas and alitmas are great cars :top:

You guys aren't kidding. I decided around 10am to run down to the Nissan dealer and get the wife’s Nissan bug out of my ear. Holy hell those are nice cars and bells and whistles that come on the SL's WOW. For the Maxima, that is a super nice car but they got huge. Felt like I was driving a Cadi sedan de ville. The Altima's were a little smaller (not much) but felt better on the road. The one I picked out was charcoal grey with Black leather interior completely loaded. I mentioned I need to look at a Camry SE V6 at the Toyota dealer and the sales dude took 3 grand off the price. I hadn’t even started dealing yet. lol But I had to leave him hanging and get back to work even though he wanted to bail the car to me for the afternoon, sales tactic. These guys are hurtin for a sale. Camry test drive is this afternoon, but I'm definitely considering the Altima now and I was just looking to make my wife happy so I could shoot it down.

Looks like its’ gonna come down to the deal and which V6 has the most balls. The 3.5 in that Altima felt pretty ballsy with 270 hp. But I know that Camry 3.5 has some kick as well at 268 hp.

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
I use to Work at a Toyota dealer and I like driving my Roommates 06 Altima more then the Camry. I never liked the new dash on the Camry tho.

I say just test drive a CC before you buy. The 2.0 turbo is mod friendly up to 400hp and DSG transmission. The chassis has a tighter feel then the Nissan or Camry. If you don't like them then I vote the Altima SE 3.5

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
After you drive the camry, go drive an Accord EXL. 260hp and dare I say the "v-tec" makes it pull nicely. Got one for my gf last year. We were originally going with the Camry, but after driving the Accord (which was also suprisingly cheaper) it was an easy pick. Not to mention the variable cylinder management with seemless operation. It cuts off 3 cylinders when you're not on the gas and is COMPLETELY un-noticeable. 31 -32 MPG buddy and you can still haul ass. I'd put one up against a camry anyday because I've driven them back to back. The accord is much quicker. Sad to see another X bite the dust but for each one gone another one comes. Somebody will buy your old truck eventually.

livinginsa

Reaction score
I am in no way a tree hugger but check out the Camry hybrid. It has two engines, the second engine kicks in when you need more torque and hp. That extra 40 or so hp really makes a difference especially since it is electric hp. You know how Toyotas last.

808XR10

Reaction score
trd SS gonna go with the truck? im gonna have my first baby this november too and ive been thiking of trading my truck for a Tahoe or escalade but damn im not going to be able to have a toy to play with so im still debating. anyhow good luck bro

07SWB

Reaction score
i work at a toyota dealership and there is only 1 thing wrong with the 2GR-FE that comes in the camry.. There is a VVT-i oil line that fails and if noone is paying attention, could do some serious motor damage.

There is a Recall for it so it should be taken care of but just wanted to give a heads up..

Oh and by the way, when you buy that new car you can get off the site cuz this isnt camry-underground or altima-underground.. just giving you shit!

Yallrun

Reaction score
are the seat covers gonna go with

Seat covers are off in the garage already but the pass side has a 4-5 inch tear mid seat right at the black rubber and light grey fabric meet. Can't tell unless you look.

trd SS gonna go with the truck?

Actually it came with the truck from the dealer, so yeah it stays. Don't really have time to run a stocker down since I got one deal going and possibly a nother this evening.

07SWB: thanks for the tip bro. :top: About the Camry and Altima comment. :laugh:

After you drive the camry, go drive an Accord EXL. 260hp and dare I say the "v-tec" makes it pull nicely. Got one for my gf last year. We were originally going with the Camry, but after driving the Accord (which was also suprisingly cheaper) it was an easy pick. Not to mention the variable cylinder management with seemless operation. It cuts off 3 cylinders when you're not on the gas and is COMPLETELY un-noticeable. 31 -32 MPG buddy and you can still haul ass. I'd put one up against a camry anyday because I've driven them back to back. The accord is much quicker. Sad to see another X bite the dust but for each one gone another one comes. Somebody will buy your old truck eventually.

Not a big fan of the new Accord body style. Do like Honda's tho.

I am in no way a tree hugger but check out the Camry hybrid. It has two engines, the second engine kicks in when you need more torque and hp. That extra 40 or so hp really makes a difference especially since it is electric hp. You know how Toyotas last.

That's big money bro, they are proud of the hybrids.

Last edited:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
what is your wife driving? let her get the family car and you keep your X. thats what we do, my wife has her 4 door Accord and I got my X.

rich017

Reaction score
I agree on going to test drive a VW. Those car drive SOOO nice, solid and quiet. My sister has an 05 Jetta with 60K and a 5cyl and it's a really nice car. Drives like it is brand new and it still has warranty

HiTek21

Reaction score
go for the Camry SE V6, I love mine :)

Its plenty roomy, the V6 is fast (too bad theres no manual transmission though), and just overall a solid car IMHO. I get on average 24mpg with mixed driving.

I think the Camry SE (LE and XLE models are boring) looks better than the Accord or Altima (but that's just me)

Here's a couple of photos of it when it was brand new, and a video of my TRD Exhaust to hopefully nudge you towards the Camry :) but good luck with any of the vehicles you're looking at. You really can't go wrong with them, all great cars.

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

[youtube]Q1L_6wSDzTE[/youtube]

Yallrun

Reaction score
Ok guys it's all over. Long story, Toyota Dealer would not come down at all on the 32k price tag and only wanted to give me 13k for my X and would not deal at all. I said fine you don't want a sale today take it easy man. The Camry was sweet as well, but does not seem that Toyota is hurting to make a sale.

I was wanting to look at VW's, but the wife didn't want one. This ride was gonna be for all of us so...

Back to Nissan the guy was thrilled to see me and my wife. We walked over to the Altima I was looking at and showed my wife. Wife pulls a 180 on me and said do you really think we need a new one? I was like WTF ah why not? She said well if we can get something like an 09 with low miles we can get lower payments then you can get another truck sooner. Wow how can you argue with that. I turned to the sales guy Pete and said I hate to do this, but I guess we'll go the used lot. He said if you interested in a 09 I got a 3 or 4 demo's over here. So we look and there's a 09 Altima, gray with black leather interior just like the 2010 I was looking at except the 2010 have a little different front end. Test drove it, all the BS, dealing waiting on finance, more dealing and dealing. Bottom line was I got $16880 for the X it was almost paid for by 7 payments = $2660. The totally decked out Altima SL with 2900 miles on the clock was $25900 he knock 3 k off and I got him down abother 2k off it = $20900 - 14220 equity in my truck I drove her out a little over $8K because of the TTL and the extended warranty I wanted. It's in the garage right now, I gotta take it back in the morning for a detail and a fill up. They were closed by the time we got done. Little heart broken over the X, but this car is nice. Plus I'll get another truck sooner with this deal being way lower then I thought I was gonna pay. I was playing with the stereo making it page my cell phone via the bluetooth so long, I'm tired. Gotta check out the rest of the toys tomorrow. This freakin car has everything. I'll get pics in the day light tomorrow.

HiTek21, that is a sweet Camry bro, I was looking at that same one today. Love that color!

Top Bottom