Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Reaction score
Whats up guys, my name is Hoku, I'm relatively new to the site and the xr club. I have been reading all kinds of stuff about the type of transmission fluid we use and wanted your opinions. Also is this stuff easy to get on Oahu? I haven't seen any Redline or Amsoil but I haven't been looking too hard. I dont think the previous owner changed the fluid and the clutch is starting to squeak when I release it. Thanks guys.

Reaction score
I am running redline and that u can get at napas behind cutter ford in aiea. They sent me over there cause the one I'm kalihi ain't no more.

Reaction score
thanks man, you're running the mt-90? it works fine? never needed the additives or anything?

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
Yup, Redline MT90 is prob one of the best choice to run. You can get it at Napa by cutterford, behind the goodwill. No additives needed for it.

The squeaking sounds like it's your TOB, common problem.

Reaction score
Thanks man I will check them out tomorrow. And Ive beem hearing about TOBs, any recommended fixes? I was thinking about URD

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
Thanks man I will check them out tomorrow. And Ive beem hearing about TOBs, any recommended fixes? I was thinking about URD

only thing is the URD sleeve kit. Unless you wanna shell out the money for the fix from toyota.

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
Ya i heard run the redline trans fluid, or amsoil trans fluid! Check where these guys said or maybe rons! And about ur squeling, most likely ur TOB, if u have drivetrain warrenty then go dealer make them do it(might try give u the run around) but i noticed ur trucks old, so ur warrenty is prob done, and if so, urd sleeve kit

RE_TRD_X808

Reaction score
Whats up guys, my name is Hoku, I'm relatively new to the site and the xr club. I have been reading all kinds of stuff about the type of transmission fluid we use and wanted your opinions. Also is this stuff easy to get on Oahu? I haven't seen any Redline or Amsoil but I haven't been looking too hard. I dont think the previous owner changed the fluid and the clutch is starting to squeak when I release it. Thanks guys.

Your clutch squeak problem, do you hear it from the trans? or its the pedal thats squeaking/creaking?

x8o8runner2012

Reaction score
I run amsoil severe gear 75w90......Chuck's corvette by ward usually has all amsoil products for our trucks including;

Amsoil EA034 Oil Filter
Amsoil 10w30 full synthetic signature series
Amsoil Severe Gear 75w90

Aloha

Reaction score
Went by Napa today and they only had one quart of Redline left haha. I checked out Chucks too, they have a lot of good stuff. gonna try Ron's tomorrow.

As for the squeaking, I think its the pedal but I haven't been able to pin point the sound and my warranty was up a while ago. Where's a good place to take the URD kit (I'm not comfortable with messing with my trans too much)

justin13703

Reaction score
If you're getting squeaking while you're releasing the clutch, it's your clutch pedal. They always squeak. There's a thread on here somewhere how to fix it, but it always comes back.

If you hear squeaking while the clutch is released, then that's your TOB.

I have redline in my tranny and I love it.

Reaction score
Just did the Redline switch and I am very pleased. and I have squeaking depressing and releasing the pedal with the engine off then when the engine is on there is a slight chirping/squeaking sound until I depress the clutch pedal. Still TOB?

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
Just did the Redline switch and I am very pleased. and I have squeaking depressing and releasing the pedal with the engine off then when the engine is on there is a slight chirping/squeaking sound until I depress the clutch pedal. Still TOB?

the chirping sounds like the TOB

Messenger

Reaction score
Did you end up getting the Red Line oil? If so, where at and about how much? The last time I got some was at Redline Automotive, but they were bought out by Napa. I am looking for the 75W90 for the differential. It should be similar price as MT-90 though.

Top Bottom