Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trans internals?

Mr.X

Reaction score
What i want to know can and has anyone ever swapped out the gears from the tranny i know the stock gear ratios are

1st 4.17
2nd 2.19
3rd 1.49
4th 1.19
5th 1.00
6th 0.85
Reverse 3.61
Final Gear 3.153

i googled this and seen on CT that some one brought this topic up but seems like it can't be done with the RA62 6sp off a Lexus IS250 http://www.customtacos.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=120347

that 1st to 2nd is way better then ours so i know that other cars come with the same trans as our trucks so any info would help

the goal is to have a better ratio from 1st to 2nd by having a longer 1st keeping 2nd and a shorter 3rd would be ideal even make 6th longer for better MPG

thanks
-Steven

Last edited:

darthyota

Reaction score
the new v6 camero uses the same tranny as our trucks but i dont know what the ratios are

Mr.X

Reaction score
the new v6 camero uses the same tranny as our trucks but i dont know what the ratios are

i know its the same as ours the have a different final drive tho i think its 3.27

Mr.X

Reaction score
i was looking around and did some more reading and the v6 Camaro does Not have the same gears as our trucks but it is the same tranny

their gears are as follows:
1. 4.48
2. 2.58
3. 1.63
4. 1.19
5. 1.00
6. 0.75
Reverse: 3.67
Final: 3.27

Mr.X

Reaction score
would those gear ratios work with our trucks

i want to keep our 1st,4th,5th their 2nd,3rd, and 6th

that would make 1st:2nd a 1.59 jump VS. our stock 1.98 its not a huge difference but it would make for smoother shifting and easier to stay with in pwr band while pwr shifting/flat foot shifting and having their 6th(on our trucks) with out their final drive would make it a super tall gear that means really good MPG that is why they get 29mpg hwy

Last edited:

Mr.X

Reaction score
does no one like talking about this anything type of info will help thanks

-Steven

SX TOY

Reaction score
the idea is good but other issues with these trannys are single synchronisers and no pilot bearing. but if you could mix the gear ratios that would help slightly.

Mr.X

Reaction score
do you know if our trans is serviceable as in can it be opened up ?

CBRBob

Reaction score
with out their final drive would make it a super tall gear that means really good MPG that is why they get 29mpg hwy

So besides the XR being an aerodynamic brick that weighs more has nothing to do with mileage? Are they REALLY getting 29 or is that EPA?

Mr.X

Reaction score
So besides the XR being an aerodynamic brick that weighs more has nothing to do with mileage? Are they REALLY getting 29 or is that EPA?

Stock Camaro it weighs 3,807lbs Stock X-runner is 3,690lbs so we are 117lb lighter and besides my truck is on a diet it weighs 277 LESS then the Camaro:eviltongue:

Mr.X

Reaction score
thanks Daniel hey didnt you have a trans issue did you get a new one or did you service it your self?

Coupe

Reaction score
Buy the T-56 and be done with it.

You will be money ahead.

Mr.X

Reaction score
Buy the T-56 and be done with it.

You will be money ahead.

i dont want to deal with that adapter and the gears for that are long thats better for High pwr or turboed cars/trucks i want to stay N/A for now.

It just seems like everyone it too scared to do other wise. Not to put anyone down but it seems like if a "Big" name on the forum says do it everyone follows but who knows if there is a cheaper,easier solution to the problem at hand.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
i dont want to deal with that adapter and the gears for that are long thats better for High pwr or turboed cars/trucks i want to stay N/A for now.

It just seems like everyone it too scared to do other wise. Not to put anyone down but it seems like if a "Big" name on the forum says do it everyone follows but who knows if there is a cheaper,easier solution to the problem at hand.

Everyone follows LOL... Yes the whole majority of 4 forum members purchased the kit and I believe only 3 of us have it installed. The issue is there is a lot of talking of fixing the stock trans, but absolutely nothing more than that.
I lived with my shitty trans for 5 years. A solution came around. Not the cheapest, but it was about as simple of a swap as could be. And I am very happy with the results. I would say its as good a mod if not even better than my 400hp MKII kit I got on there.
I hope you guys find a cheap easy solution with the stocker. Its all a guessing game if its even possible to make that hunk a decent trans. It could end up a giant waste of time and money even trying. I went with the sure fix. Ditching the stocker and put in a proven trans. :top:

Last edited:

Coupe

Reaction score

Good luck on your quest to find a cheap solution.

Top Bottom