Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Transmission Angry

Red-XR-Pride

Reaction score
Everytime i shift from first to second or down first from where ever to second gear alot of times when i let out the clutch it just kicks it out of gear. and i have to put it back in 1-2times or more. anyone have the same problem. i ordered mt-90 tranny oil but not sure if they will fix the problem still waiting on delivery. anyone have any suggestions?

THE MACF

Reaction score
the search button it works. lo. its common. just wait until you discover the 4-5 above 3800 shift

Red-XR-Pride

Reaction score
well it does the 4-5 but the 2nd gear thing is just annoying. how can it be fixed?

THE MACF

Reaction score
welcome to the suck. just embrace it and smother it sweet royal purple and then proceed to **** the shit out of it. figuratively, not literally.

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
mine does the same thing except for first gear im well aware of the 5th and 6th gear grind but after a couple months of installing my urd ss, my first gear now pops out every single time. ive taken it apart several times to see if something came loose but no luck

Reaction score
How many miles are on your tranny? I came from a world with tons of problems and I'm hoping the X-Runner is a little better than it.

Also, is this issue thusly affected in the 2009 changes or just 2005-2008 models?

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Wait till ur throw out bearing starts to squeal ur gona love it :top:

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
well lets put it this way my buddy had his trans changed out 3 times before he hit 30k ive had the 5th and 6th gear grind issue since 25k and just recently had to replace a broken shift fork these trans are for sh+t and i wish i had the money for the t56 swap and if you do have the money i highly recommend doing it, you will save your self the head ache of dealing with the crappy stock trans

Gonzo464

Reaction score
Only issues I've ever had with my trans was a 1st to 2nd gear grind when shifting at high rpms.... never had an issue with 4 to 5. The grind seemed to go away with a fluid change to MT-90.

As far as popping out of gear, only happened once when I put it into 2nd... but it actually didn't go all the way in *shrug*

09XR

Reaction score
Everytime i shift from first to second or down first from where ever to second gear alot of times when i let out the clutch it just kicks it out of gear. and i have to put it back in 1-2times or more. anyone have the same problem. i ordered mt-90 tranny oil but not sure if they will fix the problem still waiting on delivery. anyone have any suggestions?

I have modified my TRD shifter 12 times to get to the point where the position, travel, weight and quietness is optimal for me.

Back when i put a B/M in my 350Z, they had a drawing of a corner of the assembly that you needed to file off before installing, in order to not pop out of 6th. Having said that, the aftermarket shifters (being shorter and all) sometimes pop out of gears or grind because of the geometry of it.

Here's what i would do: take out the whole shifter assembly, look down where the shifter goes in the gearbox and locate the little round hole where the shifter would sit in. Stick a 1/2 copper pipe in it, or something that's long enough for you to grab. Rock it back and forth with the engine off, to get a feel for which gear is what. Than sit on the passenger seat and get ready to shift. Have a buddy turn the engine on and as he clutches, you shift (figure out a communication pattern with him). If you get it up and down 1st and 2nd and it doesn't pop out, then your problem is the shifter, not the tranny (and i think it is). Try it, it won't cost you but a brew for your buddy...

butters607

Reaction score
dude its the syncros in the tranny take it to the dealer immediatley i had the same issue at 18k

THE TICOMAN

Reaction score
at 53.000 miles my x start doing the same....1st / 2nd/ 3rd.....took it to the stealership change syncros and now its way better, but is something not quite right yet, but i think the trd shifter got something to do too...

X-roller

Reaction score
I have modified my TRD shifter 12 times to get to the point where the position, travel, weight and quietness is optimal for me.

Back when i put a B/M in my 350Z, they had a drawing of a corner of the assembly that you needed to file off before installing, in order to not pop out of 6th. Having said that, the aftermarket shifters (being shorter and all) sometimes pop out of gears or grind because of the geometry of it.

Here's what i would do: take out the whole shifter assembly, look down where the shifter goes in the gearbox and locate the little round hole where the shifter would sit in. Stick a 1/2 copper pipe in it, or something that's long enough for you to grab. Rock it back and forth with the engine off, to get a feel for which gear is what. Than sit on the passenger seat and get ready to shift. Have a buddy turn the engine on and as he clutches, you shift (figure out a communication pattern with him). If you get it up and down 1st and 2nd and it doesn't pop out, then your problem is the shifter, not the tranny (and i think it is). Try it, it won't cost you but a brew for your buddy...

THIS!!!!!!!! is very good information. He has figured out that the links are the weak points.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
How many miles are on your tranny? I came from a world with tons of problems and I'm hoping the X-Runner is a little better than it.

Also, is this issue thusly affected in the 2009 changes or just 2005-2008 models?

I have read many places that the '05-'06 that had the most tranny problems. I have 40k on my 08 and have had not the first problem.

GL to everyone with this problem.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
welcome to the suck. just embrace it and smother it sweet royal purple and then proceed to **** the shit out of it. figuratively, not literally.

There are lots of threads on it but the search button blows!

fmap4life

Reaction score
Happily Had No Issues Here, With 25k on URD SS(56k on truck). I just baby mine, Dont yank it outta gear while the syncs are still in play and I have a feeling this won't happen, I have read where some members choose to shift or just try without depressing the clutch, That little millionth of a second u save can kill it in the long run, Just saying. I hope everything looks up from here and now I have to go punch some wood, knocking on it dont work for me!! :biggrin:

*Yup Search Blows*

Top Bottom